• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. The recent crucifixion of MKX

User Info: Mechani11Kong

Mechani11Kong
2 months ago#1
Did Mortal Kombat X Disappoint you? - Results (278 votes)
YES
31.65% (88 votes)
NO
68.35% (190 votes)
This poll is now closed.
It feels like the MKX hate is getting worse by the day. I don't understand what was not to like?

15 returning, revamped, redesigned MK Trilogy veterans
5 revamped, redesigned 3D era fighters
8 completely new characters
4 guests
1 crappy 3D adventure game character turned into a awesome 2D fighter

User Info: gothic7980

gothic7980
2 months ago#2
I remember being extremely disappointed
Official Li Mei of The Mortal Kombat 11 Boards
Come follow my adventures on insta: @ericmay798

User Info: Ragiroth

Ragiroth
2 months ago#3
Overall I loved it, the roster was just bleh.

Which is exactly why it's so frustrating to here that Sonya is in again. I want to like the game AND the roster.
Official Scarecrow of the Injustice 2 boards PSN-Ragiroth
My youtube channel-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMERPuPx-fmj454YDxDESg

User Info: kollisionn777

kollisionn777
2 months ago#4
Roster was disappointing
It was suppose to be Shinnok's moment after his disappointing portrayal in 4, except Boon completely f's him up again
Majority of new character were disappointing
Story mode was unsatisfying, compared to 9

Only good thing about it was gameplay
Mother**** Tito!

User Info: gothic7980

gothic7980
2 months ago#5
Ragiroth posted...
Overall I loved it, the roster was just bleh.

Which is exactly why it's so frustrating to here that Sonya is in again. I want to like the game AND the roster.

The characters were all fun, its the choices were s***ty
Official Li Mei of The Mortal Kombat 11 Boards
Come follow my adventures on insta: @ericmay798

User Info: MashYouGood

MashYouGood
2 months ago#6
YES.

Although the gameplay improved as a whole, certain elements undermined the game's improvements over MK2011 -- such as:
- no co-op
- still only a single, non-interactive X-ray per char.
- dumb roster choices
- mostly horrible newbies (D'Vorah, the exception)
- some dumb add-on chars. (no Ash or Mike Myers... really?!)
- largely useless and shallow "variations"
- no way in which to customise an 'all variations in one' char. (even if offline only)
- garbage selection of stages / arenas (The Pit was literally the best of the lot... by a mile)
- non-existent score
- too much damage scaling (esp. when using n X-Ray in a combo)
- weak defensive system
- two-segment "Breakers" killed meter versatility
- too 50-50 roll-the-die heavy gameplay
- "death korners" too obtrusive
- run meter was wack
- meter for being pummelled, instead of earned for proactive play
- not enough good (e.g., the Forest's branch) stage intractables
- meh story (*contingent upon where M11K goes with it)
- no "Shujinko" mode
- no "karts" or "chess" or "puzzle"
- no "Shaolin Monks" mode (e.g., in place of / to serve as the "Krypt")
- Goro too small (physically)
- no Shao Kahn (BOON SUCKS!!)
- some performance issues (for some users)
- crappy, 'Diablo' end boss

Decent game and all... But, if it did not have the "MK" moniker, I think it would not have sold a fraction of whatever it moved in the end.

User Info: RonBurgundy1970

RonBurgundy1970
2 months ago#7
No I wasn’t actually disappointed but I agree with many of the criticisms levelled at the game.

The roster had issues for example especially the guest characters.
The story was much weaker than in 9.
Shinnok never seems tough or deadly like shao kahn does.
Mobile tie in s*** was necessary to get all costumes.
Rain baraka etc weren’t playable but had full move sets.

Like I said wasn’t perfect but still a very good game I still play it regularly.
Is Kevin Costner real?

User Info: Red Lobstar

Red Lobstar
2 months ago#8
It was a huge step back from 9 in almost every way but had the smoothest gameplay in the series so that made it good, but it was a disappointment in a lot of ways. Fewer stages, no stage fatalities, no tag team, half the DLC was guests, weak story, story-only NPCs (Rain, Baraka, Sindel), worse roster (lots of fan favorites omitted), bland colorless stages. It had some good things like improved graphics quality and faster gameplay but it ALL should have been better than 9 but it regressed in more ways than it improved. The PC version was an unplayable mess at release so that was the biggest disappointment.

User Info: Jimbo190

Jimbo190
2 months ago#9
I hated the direction it took with the gameplay a lot, especially when compared to MK9 which I loved. The run restricted neutral hard, and the abundance of armor moves and 50/50s was just pure aids.

Most of the time, the reward off even the slightest correct decision resulted in a snowball of spending majority of the round in the corner dealing with knockdown 50/50 mixups. Its like the philosophy of MKX design was to be the epitome of "annoying".

I wasn't a fan of the game aesthetically or the music. And I found the cast&story to be worse, but i'm not too pressed about that. Imo, Its pretty hard, if not impossible, to out-due the trilogy roster so whatever. And all I really need is to like about 3-to-4 chars to enjoy the roster, and with a roster of 30+ characters, I can always find more than that.

User Info: testament067

testament067
2 months ago#10
Red Lobstar posted...
It was a huge step back from 9 in almost every way but had the smoothest gameplay in the series so that made it good, but it was a disappointment in a lot of ways. Fewer stages, no stage fatalities, no tag team, half the DLC was guests, weak story, story-only NPCs (Rain, Baraka, Sindel), worse roster (lots of fan favorites omitted), bland colorless stages. It had some good things like improved graphics quality and faster gameplay but it ALL should have been better than 9 but it regressed in more ways than it improved. The PC version was an unplayable mess at release so that was the biggest disappointment.

There are definitely stage fatalities in MKX.
"Thug" https://youtu.be/veKRyeknIsg
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. The recent crucifixion of MKX
  • Topic Archived