• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Let's be honest, MK11 needs a 32+ character roster

User Info: SeekAndDestroy2

SeekAndDestroy2
2 months ago#1
In order not to disappoint fans after MKX. Way too many characters were cut from MK9 and the 3D era, plus now we have newcomers like the kombat kids to factor in as well. I think anything less than 30 would be a poor move for NRS and would kill hype.

We have the MK legacy characters
MK9 cuts
MKX newcomers
3D era characters
MK11 newcomers
DLC characters (probably won't make it in but this will be thier only chance)

All to worry about. Whatever NRS chooses to do there will be controversy and upset fans. I think the best option is to get rid of variations and aim for a bigger roster. 32 seems reasonable to me what do you think?
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
2 months ago#2
Quality over quantity, we're likely to get around 25 characters in the base roster and that's just fine.

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
2 months ago#3
I just want Jacqui Frost Jade and Nitara.
Sazh - Racist caricature and worst FF character ever. Don't agree? Your problem.

User Info: Jrain213

Jrain213
2 months ago#4
I think we will get 28 characters to start. Plus Shao Kahn. 2 kombat packs 6 characters in each so 40-41 at the final
Life's a garden, dig it
Joe dirt

User Info: AmyVista

AmyVista
2 months ago#5
I just want Cassie Cage tbh, don't really care for any other characters lol so they can put whoever they want (except Triborg the broken mess).
Julia Chang finally back <3 https://youtu.be/mgOu8aZ7H-M?t=94
Mains : T7 : Claudio/Julia | SFV : Karin/Cody | DOA6 : Lisa/Kokoro | SC6 : Groh/Seong Mi-na

User Info: SeekAndDestroy2

SeekAndDestroy2
2 months ago#6
Deanyzy posted...
Quality over quantity, we're likely to get around 25 characters in the base roster and that's just fine.

I wouldn't be fine with that especially if 8 of those 24 slots would be

Johny Cage
Sonya Blade
Jax
Kombat Kids
Kano or some other generic human

I don't see why we can't have quality AND a bigger roster if this is gonna be the biggest game in the series so far.
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

User Info: testament067

testament067
2 months ago#7
Deanyzy posted...

Definitely. Variety in gameplay matters more IMO.
"Thug" https://youtu.be/veKRyeknIsg

User Info: KCJ5062

KCJ5062
2 months ago#8
Eh let's face it. Even if the starting the roster were around 30-32 characters, there's always gonna be somebody complaining that the roster is too small, trying to compare things to other games and ignorantly calling the developers lazy.
It's amazing how people hang around message boards of games they don't like

User Info: Edelweiss-II

Edelweiss-II
2 months ago#9
AmyVista posted...
I just want Cassie Cage tbh, don't really care for any other characters lol so they can put whoever they want (except Triborg the broken mess).

You don't like some other characters ?

Kitana ? Jade ? Sindel ? Scorpion ? Raiden ? Liu Kang ?

That's random examples of course, but just a question. :) Sindel is my favorite, but I also like Nightwolf, Raiden, Kitana, Johnny, Sonya, Ashrah, Sub Zero...

User Info: Ragiroth

Ragiroth
2 months ago#10
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
Deanyzy posted...

I wouldn't be fine with that especially if 8 of those 24 slots would be

Johny Cage
Sonya Blade
Jax
Kombat Kids
Kano or some other generic human

I don't see why we can't have quality AND a bigger roster if this is gonna be the biggest game in the series so far.

This seriously

If they gotta shove the Call of Duty gang again in the game, the roster better be higher. AT LEAST 28 like Injustice 2
Official Scarecrow of the Injustice 2 boards PSN-Ragiroth
My youtube channel-https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbMERPuPx-fmj454YDxDESg
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Let's be honest, MK11 needs a 32+ character roster
  • Topic Archived