• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Will they ever fix the animations?

User Info: Tiger-Goblin

Tiger-Goblin
2 months ago#91
Devilman_Amon posted...
No you were trying to derail the topic by making it a closed ended argument by saying you never had a problem with the animations and trying to talk about other aspects of the game design which were never part of the topic. The topic had nothing to do with anything else BUT the animations. Its a specific topic.

It's not close ended to debate if those "issues few people have" are more important than actual game improvements. Because again, game dev resources are not infinite. But it seems the choice is so clear you choose instead to cry foul and insult anyone which raises this point.
MKX main: Sonya. Subs: D'vorah, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Goro, Kitana, Quan Chi
Injustice 2 main: Harley. Subs: Sub-Zero, Red Hood, Grodd, Flash, Captain Cold

User Info: batman404

batman404
2 months ago#92
Devilman_Amon posted...
batman404 posted...
TC is toxic, attacking everyone that doesn't agree with him and prattling on like his opinions are facts.

I think you and others just like saying the word toxic. Maybe you're Britney Spears fans..

Ouch, you got me. What a tremendous burn.

Considering I had to google what the hell you were on about I'd say the only Britney Spears fan here is you.

I'll rephrase though... TC is a whiny, belligerent child. Attacking everyone that doesn't agree with him and prattling on like his opinions are facts.

Better?
Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.

User Info: JV571

JV571
2 months ago#93
batman404 posted...
prattling on like his opinions are facts.

The animation's objectively bad, tho.

Tiger-Goblin posted...
game dev resources are not infinite.

You make it sound like improving it is impossible.
"Nevermind her, she's just a sandwich..."

Tiger-Goblin
2 months ago#94
JV571 posted...

No.
Just less important than other improvements.

batman404
2 months ago#95
JV571 posted...
batman404 posted...

This is an opinion, not a fact. An opinion that I (and quite a few others) disagree with.

User Info: ShadowRaiden00

ShadowRaiden00
2 months ago#96
JV571 posted...
Tiger-Goblin posted...

its even funnier cause NRS gets much more money than nearly every other fighting game yet each one nearly has vastly superior animation

lol, what a s***ty defense
Black Chapters
http://i.imgur.com/T5VJ5Mi.gifv http://i.imgur.com/F3Yu7Aw.gifv http://i.imgur.com/7s86tr1.gif https://i.imgur.com/9AWzF1C.gifv

User Info: skyemc2004

skyemc2004
2 months ago#97
batman404 posted...
JV571 posted...
batman404 posted...

This is an opinion, not a fact. An opinion that I (and quite a few others) disagree with.

Except it is a fact.

batman404
2 months ago#98
skyemc2004 posted...
batman404 posted...
JV571 posted...
batman404 posted...

Except it is a fact.

No, it's not. Maybe you should grab a dictionary and look up the word fact.

Thinking something doesn't make it so. It's like saying a movie is factually bad just because you didn't like it, even though others do. Which is absolute nonsense.

Some people here really can't handle people disagreeing with them. If you guys think the animations are bad, that's fine. But don't credit it as anything more than it is... an opinion.

Tiger-Goblin
2 months ago#99
ShadowRaiden00 posted...
JV571 posted...
Tiger-Goblin posted...

its even funnier cause NRS gets much more money than nearly every other fighting game yet each one nearly has vastly superior animation

lol, what a s***ty defense

And still, there are other things to improve first.

User Info: JV571

JV571
2 months ago#100
batman404 posted...
Thinking something doesn't make it so.

Neither does thinking otherwise. There’s no weight or believability to these movements. You can call it a stylistic choice, but it doesn’t match the rest of the current aesthetic. You can like it or not notice it, but that doesn’t make it good, or make this “just an opinion”. Using your movie example, it’s like breaking the rules of filmmaking for no real purpose. Said rules exist for a reason. Keeping on this course, you’ll eventually reach the point of “nothing is truly good or bad, it’s all subjective” which, yeah, I guess is true, but at that point nothing can be criticized or improved because nothing is “wrong”.

Tiger-Goblin posted...
And still, there are other things to improve first.

First? Like what? I feel NRS has a pretty good handle on most everything else except maybe storytelling. Their animation, however, needs to catch up. It’d be different if this were, say, a turn-based RPG and there wasn’t as much of a focus on the movements and flow of kombat.
"Nevermind her, she's just a sandwich..."
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Will they ever fix the animations?
  • Topic Archived