• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Need to vent about Sonya haters...

User Info: USF

USF
2 months ago#171
She's just straight up bland and boring. Everyone else you mentioned is more awesome than her (and that's saying something considering you mentioned Reptile and Rain who are also garbage yet still more interesting than Sonya), she's just awful and most people don't like her for that reason.

All of the "Special" forces need to go honestly, they're the worst "main" characters in the series.
Currently Playing: Stuff.

User Info: MikeyPaniker

MikeyPaniker
2 months ago#172
“SJW” is such an inane term. It’s also used incorrectly all the time, like in this thread. You can’t call an oppressed minority a “SJW”. A SJW is a member of the MAJORITY that takes on the oppression of the minority, solely to make him or herself feel good, important, or more evolved. “SJW” is all about the intent. People of the majority who seek social justice for the right reasons are NOT “social justice warriors”. They’re just good people who are capable of empathy. Most people who fight for equality are.

So unless you have evidence that someone is trying to elevate a certain group for nefarious or selfish reasons, you’re using the term wrong.

No work of art I can think of has ever been made worse simply by making it more inclusive. The Ghostbusters reboot would have failed with an all male cast if it had the same script and direction. It just wasn’t a good movie, and fans wanted a sequel, not a reboot.
http://www.facebook.com/mikeyru
3DS friend code : 5026-4547-2377

User Info: Dragonruler9999

Dragonruler9999
2 months ago#173
Thank you! And yet expect Kitana to be in everyone game. -.-
...The Creator Of RyuKe...

User Info: VayneSolo

VayneSolo
2 months ago#174
MikeyPaniker posted...
It seems like every time Sonya gets announced for an MK game people whine and throw tantrums, complaining that she’s a stale character, “she needs to pass the torch”, she’s “too old”, she’s in too many games, etc...

Are you guys actually saying this with a straight face? I mean, do you really not see how hypocritical it is to crap on Sonya for being overplayed...and say nothing about Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Ermac, Rain, Smoke, etc...?

Let’s call this what it is. Sexism. People have a problem with Sonya because she has stereotypically masculine aspects of herself and generally dresses more conservatively than the other females. If she was flipping around in a string bikini/thong you wouldn’t have a problem with her. But for some males, when a woman isn’t sexualized - she’s worthless.

She’s no less developed as a character as Scorpion and Sub-Zero, and they’ve been in more entries than her. Hell, of all the originals she’s the one whose design has consistently changed the most! So get out of here with that misogynistic nonsense. Sonya’s coming back, and she’s going to be voiced by a tough chick who could kick your ass in real life - get over it.

Only Sonya blade that i liked was the one from the 1995 movie. Guess why...

User Info: Lyrica

Lyrica
2 months ago#175
Dragonruler9999 posted...
Thank you! And yet expect Kitana to be in everyone game. -.-

This so much. People call Sonya bland and boring but Kitana has been dull since forever.
The 11th commandment: https://i.imgtc.com/6rDV9dV.jpg

User Info: blissfuldissona

blissfuldissona
2 months ago#176
I hate Sonyas stupid child character Cassie, not her. All the "children of" classic fighter characters were f***ing stupid. I wish they s***canned all of them for actual good fighters
-Official Scorpion of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate-

User Info: Deanyzy

Deanyzy
2 months ago#177
MikeyPaniker posted...
“SJW” is such an inane term. It’s also used incorrectly all the time, like in this thread. You can’t call an oppressed minority a “SJW”. A SJW is a member of the MAJORITY that takes on the oppression of the minority, solely to make him or herself feel good, important, or more evolved. “SJW” is all about the intent. People of the majority who seek social justice for the right reasons are NOT “social justice warriors”. They’re just good people who are capable of empathy. Most people who fight for equality are.

So unless you have evidence that someone is trying to elevate a certain group for nefarious or selfish reasons, you’re using the term wrong.

No work of art I can think of has ever been made worse simply by making it more inclusive. The Ghostbusters reboot would have failed with an all male cast if it had the same script and direction. It just wasn’t a good movie, and fans wanted a sequel, not a reboot.

Very true, as it stands (especially on this website) It's become a catch all term for people to throw at those whose opinions don't match up their own.

User Info: Mechani11Kong

Mechani11Kong
2 months ago#178
TribeOfDan posted...
Mechani11Kong posted...
AristeianLion posted...
Feel that way if you want man. Really don't care.

This type of movement can push all it wants but it isn't going to work. Movies that try it fails, comics that try it fail, now video games and it fails.

Yeah you don't care, that's why you wrote a manifesto long post.

and now it looks like you're actually trying to bring in "Get woke! Go broke!" which is a highly manipulated rhetoric the right cherry picks to suit their agenda. There have been a staggering amount of successful media promoting feminism, inclusion and SJW ideals in general but the righties will always say "oh...those don't count." They'll always choose the safe bets so they can never be wrong. It's a cowardly technique.

Hell, even Injustice 2, a NRS game has almost countless SJW ideals in it. Dialogue like...

Power Girl- "I stand for truth, justice and equality!"
Wonder Woman- "You want a job done!? Call a woman!"
Wonder Woman- "*says mockingly* you fight like a man"
Supergirl- "How about a taste of GIRL POWER!"
Power Girl- "GIRL POWER!"
Power Girl- "I'm nobodies property!"
Starfire- "I'm nobodies trophy!"
Cheetah- "I'm nobodies pet!"
Vixen- "Men have such fragile egos"

That's woke as f*** but it never counts apparently.

Injustice was good and all, but the sjw dialog was pure cringe.

I liked Wonder Womans, sounds like something she'd say, especially in a world with the alt-right if she existed in real life. Power Girls feel like they're over the top on purpose, almost like a old timey comic-strip. Supergirls is supposed to sound like a teenage girl (which it does). The whole "I'm not a trophy/pet/property" made sense because they said those to Brainiac (who literally wanted to turn them into trophies)
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Need to vent about Sonya haters...
  • Topic Archived