• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Need to vent about Sonya haters...

User Info: MikeyPaniker

MikeyPaniker
1 week ago#1
It seems like every time Sonya gets announced for an MK game people whine and throw tantrums, complaining that she’s a stale character, “she needs to pass the torch”, she’s “too old”, she’s in too many games, etc...

Are you guys actually saying this with a straight face? I mean, do you really not see how hypocritical it is to crap on Sonya for being overplayed...and say nothing about Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Ermac, Rain, Smoke, etc...?

Let’s call this what it is. Sexism. People have a problem with Sonya because she has stereotypically masculine aspects of herself and generally dresses more conservatively than the other females. If she was flipping around in a string bikini/thong you wouldn’t have a problem with her. But for some males, when a woman isn’t sexualized - she’s worthless.

She’s no less developed as a character as Scorpion and Sub-Zero, and they’ve been in more entries than her. Hell, of all the originals she’s the one whose design has consistently changed the most! So get out of here with that misogynistic nonsense. Sonya’s coming back, and she’s going to be voiced by a tough chick who could kick your ass in real life - get over it.
http://www.facebook.com/mikeyru
3DS friend code : 5026-4547-2377

User Info: necrondude

necrondude
1 week ago#2
You right, you're gonna get flamed, but you right.
"I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea."

User Info: Fatal

Fatal
1 week ago#3
I mean yeah sure, but you actually listed Rain and Smoke as overplayed??? Are you okay?
The Sindel scene in MK9 was epic, and nothing can change my mind!

User Info: ScorpionBlaze

ScorpionBlaze
1 week ago#4
retirement my ass

MikeyPaniker
1 week ago#5
necrondude posted...

Oh yeah, I know. Pfft.

Don’t waste your time, people, because this OP isn’t going to respond to anyone trying to flame him. If you want a mature conversation or debate I’m up for it. Otherwise, really - don’t waste your time.

User Info: Squirt007nc

Squirt007nc
1 week ago#6
Ed said scorpion and sub will never not be in another mk game. Nothing we can do about that

User Info: Tiger-Goblin

Tiger-Goblin
1 week ago#7
necrondude posted...
MKX main: Sonya. Subs: D'vorah, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Goro, Kitana, Quan Chi
Injustice 2 main: Harley. Subs: Sub-Zero, Red Hood, Grodd, Flash, Captain Cold

User Info: KanonSeaDragon

KanonSeaDragon
1 week ago#8
Fatal posted...
I mean yeah sure, but you actually listed Rain and Smoke as overplayed??? Are you okay?

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
1 week ago#9
People love to complain until the roster gives them everything they want. Then, they find something new to complain about.

If Johnny gets to be in, Sonya can, too. Equal opportunity digital decapitation.

MikeyPaniker
1 week ago#10
Fatal posted...

I included them in the list because they’re both generally staples (even if not always playable) and they aren’t exactly the deepest characters of the palette swaps. That’s all. I was just going to say “all the ninjas”.
  1. Boards
  2. Mortal Kombat 11
  3. Need to vent about Sonya haters...
  • Topic Archived