• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age
  3. Speculating about plot outcomes (spoilers idk)
papercut1x4 1 year ago#1
Since I read of the possibility of the bulk of DA4 taking place in Tevinter and the impact of the mage sequence of the first game on me, I'm hoping for a serious templar/magic/arcane magic user storyline in there somewhere.

Nothing too heavy; basically, of everything that has happened across the series, the opening/thread that sticks with me the most is the human mage opening/thread of the first game, into the frickin templar mutiny and the battle to take the tower back. Not so much every exact thing just the atmosphere they achieved with the eerie suspense/"important" conflicts and the subtle fisheye of the camera lens.

By comparison, I also liked the mystery introduced by the mirror in the, iirc, noble elf opening, and it's later explanation and use, but had to wait two full games for some good closure. The spirit was the same, but it had no aspects of treason or companionship like with the mage tower. Just a kind of dirty, evil, dark, brooding expectation . . . like an old arcane eerily glowing mirror would make. It's a very well implemented plot tool as well for how Morrigan makes use of it to separate the Warden and vassal.

So, assuming the Warden sires a kid with Morrigan I wonder if whatever gets included in DA4 here will hold up to that atmosphere. I liked the way DA2 takes an entiiiiiire game to introduce an single new main character and antagonist AND red lyrium. I liked how DA:I very much took advantage to make something substantial out of (srsly) just about everything single storyline that could have been chosen with dragons, elves, taigs, politics, and doomsday elements.

Kar-LI-ah, when will you learn ???
-Mercer Frey, Elder Scrolls V, Skyrim
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Age
  3. Speculating about plot outcomes (spoilers idk)
  • Post New Message