• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Why Should I Be Hyped For This?

User Info: MrRoam

MrRoam
4 weeks ago#1
There is a post asking why there isn't any buzz for the game, I'm wondering why I should get hyped for this. Can someone explain why I should play this? Great story, environments, etc? What are they going to do differently. My Game Pass ends in October but I might extend it one extra month or two for this and maybe Gears 5 and Devil May Cry 5. But PS4 has Death Stranding, Shenmue III, FFV Remake, and I still need to maybe check out Control and Alan Wake. A nice little back-log I have there.
I'm a Sage, please follow my YouTube Page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIAJOLUIstoRYEk4MzYIC0A

User Info: ScritchOwl

ScritchOwl
4 weeks ago#2
Because its the closest thing to fallout 5 you will probably see for the next 5 years. And its included with gamepass is another which should be a major eyebrow raiser over the potential of subscription based games that arent for one particular title and more akin to hulu

I could post a t list to be leary but for now the humor and play still should tide you over for fallout
I rather go skinny dipping with a voltorb.

User Info: Deathmore

Deathmore
4 weeks ago#3
ScritchOwl posted...
the closest thing to fallout 5

Honestly I'm not getting any fallout vibes from Outerworlds, but I am getting strong story choice vibes and high hopes for obsidian
why can't iswear in this section when all i wanted to do was tell everyone to go .... themselves because their all ... ....... ..... .... potato .... ......

User Info: MrRoam

MrRoam
4 weeks ago#4
Deathmore posted...
ScritchOwl posted...
the closest thing to fallout 5

Honestly I'm not getting any fallout vibes from Outerworlds, but I am getting strong story choice vibes and high hopes for obsidian

I been wishing for KOTOR III, chances this will somewhat be similar?
I'm a Sage, please follow my YouTube Page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIAJOLUIstoRYEk4MzYIC0A

Deathmore
4 weeks ago#5
i do not think outerworlds will have turn based combat with virtual dice rolls so no the is not kotor either
why can't iswear in this section when all i wanted to do was tell everyone to go .... themselves because their all ... ....... ..... .... potato .... ......

User Info: Bulbasaur

Bulbasaur
4 weeks ago#6
ScritchOwl posted...
Because its the closest thing to fallout 5 you will probably see for the next 5 years. And its included with gamepass is another which should be a major eyebrow raiser over the potential of subscription based games that arent for one particular title and more akin to hulu

I could post a t list to be leary but for now the humor and play still should tide you over for fallout

maybe if it was anything like fallout.

fallout is open world, outer worlds is linear.

this is more like the successor to alpha protocol than anything fallout.
it's hard to read my thoughts i'm feeling
guess they're not real then

Deathmore
4 weeks ago#7
Bulbasaur posted...
successor to alpha protocol

like top 10 most underrated game of all time

User Info: Auron772

Auron772
4 weeks ago#8
Deathmore posted...
like top 10 most underrated game of all time
I really tried to like that game. The story aspects were awesome, but the gameplay itself was so absolutely terrible that it just became a trudge to get through.
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren

User Info: Pirat

Pirat
4 weeks ago#9
because this will be the better borderlands 3

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
4 weeks ago#10
Old school (relatively) RPG. Appears to have tons of customization and choices that matter. Definitely worth a look IMO.
Frjalslyndisminn laoar ao peim sem hallast ao tilfinningum i stao greindar.
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Why Should I Be Hyped For This?
  • Topic Archived