• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Quite surprised there isn't more buzz.

User Info: ssn560

ssn560
1 month ago#51
HipHopBeats posted...
I can't believe how xenophobic BoS has become in New Vegas.

They've always been like that, though. Lyons was just an exception. Noble intentions don't make up for actions taken while pursuing them. I mean technically you could say the same about the Institute, or at least it's what they think they are doing. But I do think the Brotherhood (at least Maxson's) are mostly going about it the wrong way. Their belief that they are the ONLY people who can safely own and use prewar tech irks me.

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
1 month ago#52
ssn560 posted...
They've always been like that, though. Lyons was just an exception. Noble intentions don't make up for actions taken while pursuing them. I mean technically you could say the same about the Institute, or at least it's what they think they are doing. But I do think the Brotherhood (at least Maxson's) are mostly going about it the wrong way. Their belief that they are the ONLY people who can safely own and use prewar tech irks me.

Probably leftovers of today’s far left liberals.

Frjalslyndisminn laoar ao peim sem hallast ao tilfinningum i stao greindar.

User Info: Deathmore

Deathmore
1 month ago#53
HipHopBeats posted...
I like New Vegas but the world feels so empty compared to 3

wat r u talk about crazy person not saying 3 is bad but is much more empty than new vegas actually probably about the same now i think about it.

But less random enemy spawns in new Vegas

User Info: Foreman22

Foreman22
1 month ago#54
Deathmore posted...
wat r u talk about crazy person not saying 3 is bad but is much more empty than new vegas actually probably about the same now i think about it.

But less random enemy spawns in new Vegas

F3 was a solid game. Overall I enjoyed it more than NV. I didn’t like not being able to roam after the main story line ends in NV. I also didn’t like being forced to join certain groups to obtain certain items.
Frjalslyndisminn laoar ao peim sem hallast ao tilfinningum i stao greindar.

ssn560
1 month ago#55
Fallout 3 is a more polished game, but that was it. A character with a low speech shouldn't even know how to convince people to do things, which is why the New Vegas method works better. In Fallout 3 and 4, your character is saying the right things regardless of your skill level, but what you're actually doing by leveling up (and I hate this and it's dumb) is affecting the likelihood of another character of being susceptible to persuasion. So in 3 and 4, your speech skill isn't actually building your character at all.

User Info: ScritchOwl

ScritchOwl
1 month ago#56
@ssn560

Thats why they are cutting it pretty much in favor of a pure charisma check. Thats why repair, barter, survival

Thats why medicine is getting knocked down as well as its easier to makes these into perks that justify trying to keep a character story with x skills that may or may not be needed. Comparing it to wasteland 2 characters are extremely generalized. In wasteland medicne is split into 3 archetypes, surgeon, nurse and veterinarian. In fallout it only affects the outome of drug usage.
I rather go skinny dipping with a voltorb.

Deathmore
1 month ago#57
Foreman22 posted...
F3 was a solid game

Yes but I like NV more because of playthrough options and different faction outcomes
3 is just the same game with a different build every playthrough, the world never changes because of what you do unless you just murder hobo everything

User Info: ScritchOwl

ScritchOwl
1 month ago#58
Deathmore posted...
Foreman22 posted...
F3 was a solid game

Yes but I like NV more because of playthrough options and different faction outcomes
3 is just the same game with a different build every playthrough, the world never changes because of what you do unless you just murder hobo everything

Dont forget yes man disposing of an unruly rep. Of cali in the theme of 300
I rather go skinny dipping with a voltorb.

Deathmore
1 month ago#59
yes man is best ending for murder hobo
why can't iswear in this section when all i wanted to do was tell everyone to go .... themselves because their all ... ....... ..... .... potato .... ......

ssn560
1 month ago#60
ScritchOwl posted...
Thats why they are cutting it pretty much in favor of a pure charisma check

Maybe a healthy mix between the two would be ideal. A small chance to succeed despite not meeting the speech requirement, based on the opposing character's Intelligence stat.
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Quite surprised there isn't more buzz.
  • Post New Message