• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. My god, the weapon unholstering thing is annoying...
ghostgate2001 2 months ago#1
Started this game yesterday and noticed this problem immediately on arriving at the first town: every time you transition to a new area, you unholster your gun and enter the area with your gun drawn. Apparently it can also happen when you talk to NPCs, because (stupidly) it's all the same button.

So I look the problem up online, and find people have been complaining about it ever since the game released in 2019. It's bad enough that the game got released with a problem as obvious as this (did no-one playtest it?) but it's truly execrable that it's now 2 years later and Obsidian have still done nothing to address it.

Gotta love the way the latest patch-notes include the lines:
Mascot will now react appropriately to being threatened.
The Lawyer will now act appropriately if the player aims their weapon at him.

...showing that, yes, it DOES matter if you point a gun at NPCs.

If this is the level of the devs' attention to detail in the game then I'm questioning whether I should bother continuing with it. Glad now that I didn't buy the Season Pass stuff as well - almost did.

Maybe "losing" Obsidian to Microsoft wasn't such a bad thing after all.
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. My god, the weapon unholstering thing is annoying...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A