• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Recommendations for Tier 2 perks?

User Info: Dr Jackal

Dr Jackal
1 week ago#1
Is the 25% TTD restored per kill useful or the 50% science weapon damage?

Maybe 25% movement speed during TTD?

Having trouble deciding. I'm a hoarder so the 40kg companion capacity boost could help me too.
Undefeated lifetime.

User Info: remmus64

remmus64
1 week ago#2
Depends on ya plastyle, in my first run as a long range TTD sniper I found the restore on kill perk super useful.

Allowed me to end fights before they started by shooting everyone in the head during one round of TTD.

User Info: Sniper Joe

Sniper Joe
1 week ago#3
Read The Fine Print, would be my recommendation. Also no shame in going back to grab a T1 that really fits your goals, T3 unlocks with grand total, not "five T2".

For example, that T2 +conversations skills perk? I've noticed on the internet people under the assumption it stacks with allies, when it's "While you are alone"

TTD meter per kill is nice, as is health per kill. The headshot bonus one is also very handy, so long as you remember that one only applies to headshots during TTD.

Only get the move speed in TTD one if you're running a melee build, because otherwise there is zero reason for it. (spread is also so generous in this game that the anti spread one is useless). For simmilar reasons, the +Science weapon bonus is only of any value if you are using science type weapons.

In spite of some claims, the +Science damage perks do NOT apply to regular weapons modded for shock and such. I booted up a save to compare and contrast shock modded Assault rifles and deadeye rifles with and without that perk (and ensured the 'show adjusted weapon stats, not base stats' toggle)
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Sekiro

Sekiro
1 week ago#4
I would go for the TTD restoration over the Science perk unless you actually using a science weapon.
This is a beaut.

User Info: otakon2006

otakon2006
1 week ago#5
15% Health Restore on Kill is great(Harvester)
5m Auto Highlight is a nice QoL improvement(The Collector)
25% Faster Movement during TTD is decent, good for dodging/getting into position(Speed Demon)
Weird Science(+50% Science Weapon Damage) is great if you're running a melee build with the Prismatic Hammer(the thing is truly broken even with only 20 2-Handed Melee, it's magnificent).

I like grabbing Hoarder(-50% Consumable Weight) and Snake Oil Salesman(+20% Vendor Buying Price) myself. Hoarder is really a necessity on Supernova and if you're a Food/Drug Addict.
Friend Code: 1607 2343 7047

User Info: umop_apisdn

umop_apisdn
1 week ago#6
remmus64 posted...
Depends on ya plastyle, in my first run as a long range TTD sniper I found the restore on kill perk super useful.

Allowed me to end fights before they started by shooting everyone in the head during one round of TTD.

Isn't the TTD restore only triggered when not using TTD?
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Recommendations for Tier 2 perks?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers