• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Does Medium Armor effect Stealth?

User Info: CalistoCoon

CalistoCoon
2 years ago#1
I can't really see much of a difference between light and medium armor function wise when they both give a +5 in stat boost but medium gives you better defense.

User Info: remmus64

remmus64
2 years ago#2
As far as I notice only heavy armor affects stealth skills.

User Info: twiztidloathe

twiztidloathe
2 years ago#3
All the mediums ive found thus far do not hamper stealth, just help tech. Think its just heavy that plays with stealth.
The Advil Hammer. Fast relief of wyvern headaches - OniSerenity

User Info: michaeluk2014

michaeluk2014
2 years ago#4
Yeah, every heavy armour I've come across so far affects stealth. For obvious reasons, much as with Skyrim. Your gonna be heard clanking about with that gear on.
Psn Michael2008ish. Xbox mickmc280

User Info: NotBot

NotBot
2 years ago#5
Light armor boosts a whole skill group but has Garbo protection.

Medium armor has moderate protection and boosts a singular skill.

Heavy armor has great protection and also boosts a singular skill, at the cost of -5 stealth.
sigs Are Almost As Stupid As Irony- NotBot, 2000xx
http://www.last.fm/user/wilfordbrimley

User Info: CalistoCoon

CalistoCoon
2 years ago#6
NotBot posted...

Heavy armor has great protection and also boosts a singular skill, at the cost of -5 stealth.

The Medium Armor I wear boosts all Dialogue Perks by 5

User Info: huyi

huyi
2 years ago#7
is this the reason I cannot upgrade stealth anymore? it's greyed out and I think the only reason that is the case is because of my armour?
Loot Boxes, more Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Battle Royale, that will be 300 mill per second please...

User Info: InfestedAdam

InfestedAdam
2 years ago#8
huyi posted...
is this the reason I cannot upgrade stealth anymore? it's greyed out and I think the only reason that is the case is because of my armour?

Is your hacking and lockpicket at 50? I experienced something similar where the moment Hack and Lockpick hit 50, Stealth was greyed out and now my only option was to start putting points directly into Sneak, Hack, and Lockpick.

In my case I think it makes sense. Once Sneak is the only one left that will benefit from points put into Stealth, might as well make it so I would need to put points directly into it. I say this because when I put points into Dialogue and got Persuade to 50, I was still able to put points into Dialogue because both Lie and Intimidation were not at 50 yet.

If you have something penalizing your skills, it will show it in parenthesis. 50 (45) for example if you're wearing heavy armour or 50 (55) if you're wearing armour giving bonus Sneak.
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"

User Info: huyi

huyi
2 years ago#9
both hack and lock pick are at 50

stealth is locked to 47 with brackets (37) red so something is blocking it.

Ah thanks for showing me that you can put points into stealth directly, I'm not sure if that will cause anymore problems with the armour I am using which is heavy.
Loot Boxes, more Loot Boxes, Microtransactions, Battle Royale, that will be 300 mill per second please...

User Info: NotBot

NotBot
2 years ago#10
CalistoCoon posted...
NotBot posted...

The Medium Armor I wear boosts all Dialogue Perks by 5

Yeah after playing more I realized this definitely isn’t accurate and apologize for the misinformation.

Something along the lines of “ light armor always boosts skill groups, medium armor *usually* boosts skills less in exchange for more armor, and heavy armor has the most armor in exchange for generally even less skill bonuses and a stealth penalty” is much more accurate.
sigs Are Almost As Stupid As Irony- NotBot, 2000xx
http://www.last.fm/user/wilfordbrimley
  1. Boards
  2. The Outer Worlds
  3. Does Medium Armor effect Stealth?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A