• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Sad to see significantly more people are on Nitro leaderboards over champion

User Info: BeatScrafty2

BeatScrafty2
2 months ago#1
I know you can't really use the Winter Festival as an example because of the holidays and the huge influx of players who essentially only played for a couple of days, and probably only adventure mode. As N Tropy and everything else in this game takes up more time and practice than the average player would spend on a game like this.

But from Back N time to Carnival, it's always funny to see less than 50% of Switch's playerbase ever never bothering with matchmaking at all. Which sucks because you basically race the same group of people almost every single time.
3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
Switch : 1262-5767-2705
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: SSJ2__Gohan

SSJ2__Gohan
2 months ago#2
The problem is paid online: you would've seen a lot more players otherwise. For instance, I don't care enough about online to pay, but if I could go online for free I would make use of that.

I don't know about the playerbase on the other systems, but if you see a bigger fraction of online players there despite also having paid online, there's a simple reason: Xbox Live Gold and Playstation Plus offer WAY more than Nintendo Online, so much that plenty of players buy it for the other advantages and the online is just a nice bonus to them, and the Switch is far more single player oriented than the Xbox and Playstation so unlike the Switch you actually miss out on those systems if you don't have online.
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: BeatScrafty2

BeatScrafty2
2 months ago#3
I never even considered the relatively poor service of NSO.

That would probably explain why it's so dead on Switch.
3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
Switch : 1262-5767-2705
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Sad to see significantly more people are on Nitro leaderboards over champion
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A