• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. What's your least Favorite Grand Prix Challenge?

User Info: thegamemaster8

thegamemaster8
5 months ago#1
Specifically from Quick, Daily, or Weekly Challenges.

I really despise "Passive Rider" since it always takes forever to get the Track the Challenge is tethered to in Online Mode.

And with the Online Mode being pretty unstable at times, it's especially infuriating when the Track needed appears, the race is about to start, and you get kicked back to the lobby.
Playing Mario Maker 2? Check out my Courses by using this Profile ID: 6WS-7H9-5CG

User Info: BeatScrafty2

BeatScrafty2
5 months ago#2
For the dailies, Passive Rider is definitely the worst. Even if you get the track, you'd better pray the host isn't an ass and disconnects or people actually vote for it.

And for the weekly's, all the battle mode challenges.
3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
Switch : 1262-5767-2705

thegamemaster8
5 months ago#3
I don't really have a problem with the Battle Mode Challenges that you can do offline, though I avoid any that have to be done online. For example, one of the Weekly ones, "N. Sane Hat Trick," was knocked out in less than 5 minutes or so.

It's made easier because of the Joy Cons, so I can knock it out quickly. I'm not very competitive, so I only do Online Challenges that don't really require a lot of effort like Multi-Hits or Online Racer.
Playing Mario Maker 2? Check out my Courses by using this Profile ID: 6WS-7H9-5CG

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
5 months ago#4
Passive Rider in its current form is awful. I play on PS4 and it is just as much of a headache to clear on that console.

Though I find the "hit crates with power-ups" one or whatever even more ridiculous because it is a boring ass grind, in the end it is much less luck-based than Passive Rider; you will get it eventually if you just play the game. I just don't like how "playing the game" gets you the challenge [actually doing a race vs. mindlessly throwing power-ups until you get ones that can hit boxes].
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: romevi

romevi
5 months ago#5
Anything online. Every time I try to join a lobby everyone quits.

User Info: BeatScrafty2

BeatScrafty2
5 months ago#6
romevi posted...
Anything online. Every time I try to join a lobby everyone quits.

It's because of that Passive Rider challenge, super f***ing annoying.
3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
Switch : 1262-5767-2705

thegamemaster8
5 months ago#7
Passive Rider wouldn't be nearly as annoying if they made the Track tethered to it appear more often instead of once in a blue moon.

I have a feeling they do it on purpose to keep people locked in on the Online Mode. For example, on Thursday, the tethered Track was Prehistoric Playground.

It took me an hour to get it, yet Wednesday, I kept seeing it appear almost every other match.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. What's your least Favorite Grand Prix Challenge?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A