• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Remember when people complained about them adding Microtransactions?

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 month ago#1
... And it hasn't affected anything? We still have over 1 Million players playing the game and people have realised: "I don't need to spend £9.99 on coins when I can get that amount in an hour!"

Microtransactions didn't change anything... Just like a lot of mature users on this board predicted.

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
1 month ago#2
Months later, I'm still wondering why the hell that Probulot bundle in Back N. Time was so expensive

This GP offered basically the same bundle (a hovercraft, a decal for it, its paint job, and a skin for Crash) at the usual price those items would add up to, and when they put the Probulot back in the store permanently, it was at a normal price as well.

I feel like that one bundle was something Activision meant to strike fear into people getting the game at the time, but the backlash meant it never really went anywhere and combined with Beenox since making coins easier than ever to get they basically told Acti to f*** off on that end.
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
1 month ago#3
Ranticoot posted...
Months later, I'm still wondering why the hell that Probulot bundle in Back N. Time was so expensive
Because... It hovers? No, seriously, no clue.

User Info: benjanime

benjanime
1 month ago#4
What's funny is that when you even say you SOMEWHAT use the microtransactions on any Facebook page post you still get made fun of for it. Is it a problem that I have a life outside of my games?

User Info: SuperDWFan

SuperDWFan
1 month ago#5
“THEY TOUCHED MUH BANOOCA.” ~ Caddicarus
"The party doesn't stop until EVERYONE'S pregnant."

User Info: megasoniczxx

megasoniczxx
1 month ago#6
I mean we can complain about it but at the end of the day it isn't gonna matter cuz' activision. I just choose not to indulge in it even though the payouts on everything is so low.
3DS FC: 1204-0472-2121, PSN: megasoniczx
BB FC in SF3: 116379571135

User Info: Sc4rl3tT3rr0r

Sc4rl3tT3rr0r
1 month ago#7
Even by playing only a few times you can still get everything from the pit stop (online I mean).
Be the light in the dark, the lightning in the rain and the hope in the fear.

User Info: pbnj

pbnj
1 month ago#8
I still think it's kind of scummy that they added MTX after the game was reviewed. If they were going to have MTX, they should've had them from the beginning.

User Info: JV571

JV571
1 month ago#9
Hypnofeet posted...
And it hasn't affected anything?
Microtransactions didn't change anything... Just like a lot of mature users on this board predicted.
The effect was there prior, the game was set up to have them. I’m waiting to hear MTX sales tanked and they’re going to add Wumpa Time to offline modes. Wishful thinking, but eh.

"Nevermind her, she's just a sandwich..."

User Info: benjanime

benjanime
1 month ago#10
JV571 posted...
The effect was there prior, the game was set up to have them. I’m waiting to hear MTX sales tanked and they’re going to add Wumpa Time to offline modes. Wishful thinking, but eh.

It'd be nice if Wumpa Time in general would last a lot longer during the day. It's fun playing online with friends until it goes away.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Remember when people complained about them adding Microtransactions?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A