• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Stop disconnecting in lobbies people.

User Info: BeatScrafty2

BeatScrafty2
1 month ago#11
Masterhene posted...
i only disconnect if the next map is gonna be crash cove, hate that map in online mode.
now im a fan of chaos as much as the next guy, but that entire track is just a race on who can get lucky & escape the pack & then you win as long as you dont drive into anything.

This 100%.

It's literally only good for that terrible online good driver challenge.
3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
Switch : 1262-5767-2705

User Info: Traptin3days

Traptin3days
1 month ago#12
today i tried to utilise wumpa time. During the hour I got to race 3-4 times. The rest of it all amounted on joining lobbies, getting disconnected, and repeat. Is very frustrating.
After all is said and done, we all end up as skeletons
Tales unending, rules a-bending, journey just begun

User Info: Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO

Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO
1 month ago#13
I still think it’s an N. Tropy problem.. the second people see him (or worse, the champion kart) people are like f*** NO!!! I’m out! And I feel that’s completely fine in a way, cause it’s never Fun knowing your gonna get smoked by the Top 5%. It’s even worse if you see them on an overwhelmingly consistent basis...
as a top 5% player, I can see it being a bit frustrating as I’m half a lap or More ahead of people, and I know they got no chance- that just isn’t fun.

You also can’t just tell ppl to stop using Tropy or the champion kart cause people worked hard for them, and they want to show it of or they just like the character/Kart. Quite the conundrum huh?
---
1 + 1= Jibberish in Neutral,, 1 + 2= Stupid in stereo,, 1 + 3= A group of idiots,, 1 + 4= 2 halfs of a whole idiot.

User Info: Super-Mario-Fan

Super-Mario-Fan
1 month ago#14
Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO posted...
I still think it’s an N. Tropy problem.. the second people see him (or worse, the champion kart) people are like f*** NO!!! I’m out! And I feel that’s completely fine in a way, cause it’s never Fun knowing your gonna get smoked by the Top 5%. It’s even worse if you see them on an overwhelmingly consistent basis...

I have the Champion kart and the regular Tropy (not digital) and I still get overlapped in Out of Time by a really good player occasionally.
I only buy my games physical. Currently playing: Crash Team Racing, Witcher 3

User Info: Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO

Ssinfaxi_7OOOOO
1 month ago#15
Super-Mario-Fan posted...
I have the Champion kart and the regular Tropy (not digital) and I still get overlapped in Out of Time by a really good player occasionally.
Well I’m sure it’s quite different when a 5% player faces a top 0.5% then sure it will equal such obliteration.
---
1 + 1= Jibberish in Neutral,, 1 + 2= Stupid in stereo,, 1 + 3= A group of idiots,, 1 + 4= 2 halfs of a whole idiot.

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
1 month ago#16
Neither regular tropy nor the champion kart are hard to get. It's really Digital Tropy or the Platinum paint job you should be afraid of.

Even then, I think all remaining players on Switch are Digital Tropy players.
https://gababoutgames.blogspot.com/ - GAB About Games, a retro console rating project, N64 / PS1 on now
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery

User Info: GuilmonDX

GuilmonDX
1 month ago#17
Hypnofeet posted...
I'm getting fed up of people disconnecting when it's a shorter track. Do people want to go up the leaderboards faster or not? -.-

Nah, I don't care about getting in the leader boards faster b/c I eventually make and stay in the top 5%.

I dislike the short stages b/c the wumpa coins payout is trash, but some players would pick the short stages over the long ones when the long ones PAYS more. That's what I don't get. In other words, playing Crash Cove x2 doesn't pay more than doing 1 stage of Electron Avenue or Tiny Arena. It play less.

Of course during my 5x/7x WCs event, I going to get the hell out from short stages lobbies and stay in the longer stages.

During 2x, I stay and play on any stage since it's permanent only through the weekends.
"Do not pray for an easy life, but pray for the strength to endure a hard one." - Bruce Lee

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
1 month ago#18
Personally, I'd rather get less coins and have more fun I'll vote for a short stage if it's one I haven't played that day. I really don't get the mindset of people who want to do the same level twice in a row (and often you get 4 or 5 people in a lobby voting for that).

I basically only disconnect if my wumpa time is up or if a level gets picked that I've already done a couple of times that day (the new tracks come up so often that I have to accept playing that a bunch though or I'd spend all my time waiting for other players).

User Info: demonfang178

demonfang178
1 month ago#19
GuilmonDX posted...
I dislike the short stages b/c the wumpa coins payout is trash, but some players would pick the short stages over the long ones when the long ones PAYS more. That's what I don't get. In other words, playing Crash Cove x2 doesn't pay more than doing 1 stage of Electron Avenue or Tiny Arena. It play less.

Because they don't care and want to actually have fun. I am tired of Electron Avenue and the like. It's always the same 5 or so courses that half the lobby DNF so I don't even know why they voted for it.

User Info: Traptin3days

Traptin3days
1 month ago#20
Terotrous posted...
Neither regular tropy nor the champion kart are hard to get. It's really Digital Tropy or the Platinum paint job you should be afraid of.

Even then, I think all remaining players on Switch are Digital Tropy players.
and me, a Polar player in the classic kart tbh
After all is said and done, we all end up as skeletons
Tales unending, rules a-bending, journey just begun
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Stop disconnecting in lobbies people.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers