• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. I bought $20 worth of Wumpa Coins when I first got the game...

User Info: GlassRabbit

GlassRabbit
3 weeks ago#1
but all I'm ever offered in the Pit Stop is the same crap I've already passed on.

I can't speak for others, but I'm just not going spend coins on stuff I don't want. Is this really how the game is supposed to function? Try to wear down the player, so they'll spend all their Wumpa Coins on junk forcing them to buy more coins when the stuff they do want comes available?

-----
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Mmoises1213

Mmoises1213
3 weeks ago#2
If you ever need help getting coins easy let me know I’ll help you but yeah I barely have time and If it wasn’t for my cousin, I think I’ll be purchasing coins too. Offline payout & pit stop prices are ridiculous
Wumpa farm? PSN- Moisesthebomb

User Info: BazzaPersonal

BazzaPersonal
3 weeks ago#3
Those Wumpa Coin bundles aren’t worth it at all unless you have absolutely no time to play online.
I only deal in facts, sorry if you don't like it.

User Info: 360pages

360pages
3 weeks ago#4
All items will be rotated out sooner or later. Just save your coins or spend it on a few items to cut down on what's there.

Not really going to judge people who spend money on the game since money is subjective etc. (If someone has a job that they make about $10-11 an hour, you'll probably be better off just forking the cash than trying to actually complete wumpa time with the current state of online)

Really should buff offline coin gains if online is going to be such a chore to manage.
Gamefaqs in a nutshell (http://error1355.com/img/gif/gamefaqscant.gif)
3DS friend code 1161-0910-0692

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
3 weeks ago#5
GlassRabbit posted...
but all I'm ever offered in the Pit Stop is the same crap I've already passed on.

I can't speak for others, but I'm just not going spend coins on stuff I don't want. Is this really how the game is supposed to function? Try to wear down the player, so they'll spend all their Wumpa Coins on junk forcing them to buy more coins when the stuff they do want comes available?

-----

Well, I guess you are at a huge disadvantage if you don't want to just clear the Pit Stop since it seems they made it again that GP items have priority, meaning if you want some base stuff or stuff from older GPs you will be blocked off by GP items.

Generally speaking you should find a way to grind coins quick, the RR is very good, you only need to clear the first lap and get 2/3 of the Tracks Value

Combine that with 2x Multiplier on weekends and you can Make a lot of cash in little time.

If you really want to "wait out for the good stuff", you might habe to wait till all gps are done and all items have the same chance of appearing in the Pit Stop.

However, by then there will be hundreds of different items for each category, so your chances per day to get a Specific Item will be below 1%.

Meaning, while grinding seems annoying and not worth it only to get Specific items, it is the better way than potentially waiting forever without getting the items you actually want.

Unless Beenox gets an Okay for the Final Update to make the Shop a real thing that uses the current tabs for "Daily offers" that are a bit cheaper but has a list so you can look for Specific items and can potentially pick from every Pit Stop item at free will.

But I guess that's just wishful thinking, cause then they'd do that literally nobody would feel forced to buy extra WC.

User Info: 0tus

0tus
3 weeks ago#6
You can get 20 dollars worth of wumpa coins by just turbo controlling for couple weekend nights.
Ihme elukka

User Info: hrj

hrj
3 weeks ago#7
I have bought every item in the game, including all the GP stuff and I have never bought a single wumpa coin pack.
I am married and have kids, full time job, friends etc.
If I can do it, everyone can do it.
PSN/GT - Hennaboy

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
3 weeks ago#8
Well that was a poor decision.
What doth life?

User Info: BigBadBastich

BigBadBastich
3 weeks ago#9
Brainlet

User Info: JV571

JV571
3 weeks ago#10
hrj posted...
I have bought every item in the game, including all the GP stuff and I have never bought a single wumpa coin pack.
I am married and have kids, full time job, friends etc.
If I can do it, everyone can do it.
Calling bs
"Nevermind her, she's just a sandwich..."
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. I bought $20 worth of Wumpa Coins when I first got the game...
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers