• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Local Arcade: Choose NPC Opposition

User Info: FalloutFun04

FalloutFun04
1 week ago#1
Would You Like the Ability To Choose What Characters You Race Against? - Results (37 votes)
Yes
54.05% (20 votes)
No
10.81% (4 votes)
Meh, Doesn't Matter
35.14% (13 votes)
You must be registered and logged in to vote in this poll.
Something that's been bugging me for awhile, since so many new features have been implemented that drastically change NF from it's original counterpart. So I figured this feature should be a relatively welcome addition in the eyes of most players. I'm not talking about having the decision making of npc driving styles, simply the ability to choose which characters are in the starting grid. (Not saying the actual starting order either, but just who is in the race.)

Personally I'm not fond of some of the newer gen characters being added to the game, & the baby characters, & despite being a classic character to the franchise, N. Brio's weird head lurch animation creeps me out a bit. So for personal taste I'd like the ability to choose my favorite (or most hated characters) to race against. At least in Single Race in Local Arcade, however if also possible in Cup, CTR Race, & Battle Modes that'd be pretty sweet too.

Anybody else feel this way or do you feel it's too much of a change?

*Just found out within like 2 minutes of pitching the idea on Activision's suggestion/feedback forum for the game, some user reported it as spam.
I guess some people really hate the idea to such a degree. lol
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: IWasLeft2Die

IWasLeft2Die
1 week ago#2
I mean it would be kind of nice but I don't notice my opponents enough to make it matter. I'm like slightly interested but mostly don't care

FalloutFun04
1 week ago#3
IWasLeft2Die posted...
I mean it would be kind of nice but I don't notice my opponents enough to make it matter. I'm like slightly interested but mostly don't care

Totally understand that view on it, I figured from the beginning that the idea at its core is tailored for players that want more in-depth customization & interaction with offline race modes. Also it could help appease the specific population that is overall ticked off with the direction the game has gone/all the extra non-original mix match content, for this would allow them to roll with all original CTR characters in races.

User Info: Wolferrum

Wolferrum
1 week ago#4
I was just thinking this yesterday when I was doing some story mode stuff. I don't really like having a whole bunch of characters not from the original show up in the story mode, especially with weird or ugly skins, and for the local arcade there are definitely some irritating characters I'd rather not have show up.
FE Fates Castle Code: 11256-06930-03502-45315
Switch: 4258-1217-0517

User Info: GodOfTheSun

GodOfTheSun
1 week ago#5
Seems like an useless idea tbh, the post ND characters being there make no difference to the quality of the game. Seems like people really do hate them so much they want to exclude them from their own version of the game essentially.

The only one I kinda understood was the skin selection but I just grew up to not mind with the characters using ugly alts during races.

IWasLeft2Die
1 week ago#6
FalloutFun04 posted...
Totally understand that view on it, I figured from the beginning that the idea at its core is tailored for players that want more in-depth customization & interaction with offline race modes. Also it could help appease the specific population that is overall ticked off with the direction the game has gone/all the extra non-original mix match content, for this would allow them to roll with all original CTR characters in races.
Yeah it's definitely something that I think is cool but it's not a priority to me in comparison to other features I'd like, such as custom cups, a CNK adventure mode, customize item load out, ability to apply character recolor to the other skins, etc

FalloutFun04
1 week ago#7
IWasLeft2Die posted...
FalloutFun04 posted...
Yeah it's definitely something that I think is cool but it's not a priority to me in comparison to other features I'd like, such as custom cups, a CNK adventure mode, customize item load out, ability to apply character recolor to the other skins, etc

They could combine it all into some kind of "Track Manager" button/option section within the Local Arcade settings/setup, that would pretty much cover it all in one. For those wanting more detail & options like you mentioned (& also the npc character selection I spoke of), it would all be there in an optional menu. That would be cool.

User Info: Masterhene

Masterhene
1 week ago#8
it would be kinda neat i guess, but i rly dont care
Just ignore the problem until it goes away.

IWasLeft2Die
1 week ago#9
FalloutFun04 posted...

They could combine it all into some kind of "Track Manager" button/option section within the Local Arcade settings/setup, that would pretty much cover it all in one. For those wanting more detail & options like you mentioned (& also the npc character selection I spoke of), it would all be there in an optional menu. That would be cool.
Yeah i hope in general they add more customization beyond what we already have but the only really necessary one that I'm surprised isn't already in is the custom cup

FalloutFun04
1 week ago#10
GodOfTheSun posted...
Seems like an useless idea tbh, the post ND characters being there make no difference to the quality of the game. Seems like people really do hate them so much they want to exclude them from their own version of the game essentially.

The only one I kinda understood was the skin selection but I just grew up to not mind with the characters using ugly alts during races.

I get you on that, but I guess I'm on the other end of the spectrum when it comes to what I pay attention to in-game. I rarely even bother interest in what my character looks like during a race, I pick a skin & go. But in non-online, I'm focusing on everything around me/kinda just get immersed into the level game-play & , so I generally have my eyes locked on other karts during races more than my own character.
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Local Arcade: Choose NPC Opposition
  • Post New Message