• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. From a score of 1 to 10, how much did you enjoy Koala Carnival?

User Info: Jayofmaya

Jayofmaya
1 week ago#11
I'm not the only one that noticed the ridiculous hit boxes of the walls at the fire part, then. Raged so hard when doing the Relic Race and lost 1st place online due to it. Otherwise I would have given it a 9, because it's also a tad short.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Merc123

Merc123
1 week ago#12
7/10 i guess.

My main problem is the course is just too short. I guess not every track can be a long track and there needs to be short ones. Still before you know it the race is over on this track. Its a shame because i think they could have done a great longer track with a Circus.

I love the visual design though. Probably one of my favorites. The circus theme is just so vibrant and fun. The track itself is really fun too. Its got bumps, the fire hazards, and the part with the changing boost pads is interesting.

Overall i enjoy this track, but drops a few points for just being too short.
Pawn: Bailey Jay: Fighter with Scather/Challenger(lvl 200) : Arisen: Kylo Ren
Pawn ID:0720-BACA-FFEB & Switch Friend Code: SW-1954-8440-8702 (nickname: SSM)

User Info: PsychotiX

PsychotiX
1 week ago#13
I might be in the minority here but I haven’t encountered the invisible walls on this track at all. And I’ve played on this track a lot.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 week ago#14
ToveriJuri posted...
It's a flashier version of Tiny Temple

Sure the obstacles and the layout and the visuals are completely different but it's otherwise exactly the same
What doth life?

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
1 week ago#15
SpunkySix posted...
ToveriJuri posted...
It's a flashier version of Tiny Temple

Sure the obstacles and the layout and the visuals are completely different but it's otherwise exactly the same

What obstacles?

The layouts aren't that different. That's exactly the problem. Both are oval tracks that you are meant to blue fire through and neither has obstacles that are really worth mentioning. They play pretty much the same if you are able to see past the flavoring.
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 week ago#16
ToveriJuri posted...
What obstacles?

The vertical fire spouts you can use as jumps with the right timing, the boost pads that switch locations... neither are in Tiny Temple. And Koala Carnival doesn't have any horizontal traps either.

The layouts aren't that different

Oh yeah I remember in Tiny Temple where there were several huge jumps from heights big enough to activate the secondary jumping animations, and the ramps that you took for jumps uphill. And the narrow corridor with fire traps that get switched by an activation box and the water pits in Koala Carnival are a real pain.

They play pretty much the same if you are able to see past the flavoring.

No, they play extremely differently outside of the very shallow "lol blue fire in a vaguely oval shape" comparison you're making.
What doth life?

User Info: SirNightmayor

SirNightmayor
1 week ago#17
10/10
Having a short DLC track is a nice change of pace. Not everything has to be a 5 minute race.
Friend Code: SW-3282-7059-0135
Feel free to add me!
(message deleted)

User Info: Edelweiss-III

Edelweiss-III
1 week ago#19
Merc123 posted...
7/10 i guess.

My main problem is the course is just too short. I guess not every track can be a long track and there needs to be short ones. Still before you know it the race is over on this track. Its a shame because i think they could have done a great longer track with a Circus.

I love the visual design though. Probably one of my favorites. The circus theme is just so vibrant and fun. The track itself is really fun too. Its got bumps, the fire hazards, and the part with the changing boost pads is interesting.

Overall i enjoy this track, but drops a few points for just being too short.
Edelweiss-II's new account.

User Info: FalloutFun04

FalloutFun04
1 week ago#20
Eh, I'd say a 6.

Beautiful design overall, track visuals & new items are fantastic. However the layout of the new track is rather bland/just a big loop & some of the characters like Clutch just fall short on feeling worth some weight in-game. I was disappointed in how some of the new skins for the nitro squad turned out, not what I thought they'd be like.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. From a score of 1 to 10, how much did you enjoy Koala Carnival?
  • Post New Message