• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. In which position do you usually finish?

User Info: MadGear1986

MadGear1986
3 days ago#1
Just for fun. During an online race, in which position do you usually finish, most of the time? Whenever I race online, I tend to finish in 3rd, 4th or 5th position. Very rarely do I end up in 2nd, 6th, 7th or 8th place. I'm not even gonna mention 1st place because that only ever happened to me twice or so during my online experiences. And I've been racing online for quite a while now, so I'm pretty much used to it to end up in 3rd, 4th or 5th place.

How about you? Where do you usually end up in an online race?
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: BazzaPersonal

BazzaPersonal
3 days ago#2
2nd or 3rd.

Usually make the podium most of the time if I don’t have a horrible start.
I only deal in facts, sorry if you don't like it.

User Info: SA200

SA200
3 days ago#3
When I started back halfway into the first GP I had a hard time keeping up with people and finishing above 5th. By the second GP I was regularly finishing on the podium, whether I won or came second depended on how skilled the one or two other players were, same for the third GP. This last one apparently made it so I'd regularly get thrown into rooms where almost all players are my skill level or above so I can't even guarantee making the podium when 6 players are all maintaining blue flame and getting hit once means you lose.
Rate this fetish: Dat Ass ~ Mr_PotatoHeads
It's not a fetish. It's a way of life. ~ EmeralDragon23 http://psnprofiles.com/Someguy42

User Info: Edelweiss-III

Edelweiss-III
3 days ago#4
4th or 5th.

Rarely 1st and 8th.
Edelweiss-II's new account.

User Info: Ka-Beewm

Ka-Beewm
3 days ago#5
Usually between 2nd to 5th. I rarely get anything below 5th and I only get first if I'm luck in the beginning
Clowns have standards: Be polite, be efficient, have a plan to confuse everyone you meet

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
3 days ago#6
3rd probably. I used to get 1st or second in pretty much every race, but most of the bad players have moved on now.

User Info: RoRoCraziness

RoRoCraziness
3 days ago#7
Usually 1st, though I get 2nd, 3rd, or 4th a lot. 5th or lower is pretty rare.

User Info: BloodyRabbit

BloodyRabbit
3 days ago#8
2nd-4th as long as i don't get bombarded by bombs/missiles.
Depression hurts, but you will always have to...
http://imgur.com/a/kqwvuWf
(edited 3 days ago)
Tbh, it depends on the start with me. If I get a good jump, I can maintain that lead and pull far ahead. If I'm playing with experienced racers and get nailed early on, then it's probably 3rd or 4th...

So I guess it boils down to maintaining fire and avoiding missiles lol.
LM
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: MadGear1986

MadGear1986
3 days ago#10
I'm actually kinda relieved to see that I'm not the only one who kinda struggles to get 1st place. I don't know what it is, but I always get wrecked with missiles/bombs at the beginning of a race. I was under the assumption that I just kinda sucked at the game. But after reading these stories, I don't think I suck anymore because I do know how to play the game well. I'm guessing most of us just get unlucky at the beginning of a race.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. In which position do you usually finish?
  • Post New Message