• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Should Crunch and Tawna become playable character in the main series?

User Info: Wild-Cartoon-Fe

Wild-Cartoon-Fe
1 month ago#1
Should the Crash Bandicoot series have more playable characters? - Results (78 votes)
Yes - Crunch and Tawna should be playable characters!
65.38% (51 votes)
No - they should just focus on Crash and Coco!
34.62% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A lot of platform mascots had after a while their friends and allies as playable characters. DKC had Diddy, Dixie, Kiddy, Tiny, Lanky, Chunky, Cranky, and Funky.

And Sonic had a whole bunch of multicolored friends could be a playable character in the main series like Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, etc.

It could also be possible, that the Crash series will have more playable characters outside of the part games. I personally would like to see how Crunch and Tawna would feel like as playable characters in a traditional Crash Bandicoot game.

User Info: the0rebirth

the0rebirth
1 month ago#2
No. Tawna works best as a support character/plot device, IMO, and I'd rather forget that Crunch even exists. Besides that, it's just bandicoot overload; having that many kinda ruins the novelty of Crash being an uncommon animal choice in the first place.
"The Dragon Ball Super anime is lowering the IQ of the characters so the DB fan base can relate to them better." -Acharyap28

User Info: Venshen

Venshen
1 month ago#3
Nah, in the past I would’ve liked to have multiple characters to play as, but unless the extra characters are simply cosmetic skins, they would have to change the environment to cater to the different play styles.

Unless it’s level based like in crash 3, then it’d be easier ( each have their own level for their own abilities), though while crunch could be okay to play as, “Realistic” characters like tawna might look rather “off” to play as.

Who knows it might work out like in the sly cooper series, but for crash I’d be skeptical

User Info: superman 2000

superman 2000
1 month ago#4
Tawna is a big-boobied bandicoot directly modeled after Jessica Rabbit; it'd look stupid to play as her in this Looney Tunes-like series.
I don't hold grudges. Let's vehemently argue today and casually have a beer together tomorrow.

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
1 month ago#5
I think the next game should focus on just Crash / Coco, and Coco mostly works because you can effectively make her into a skin of Crash which Crunch and Tawna would not work at all as (even with the manlet Crunch seen in CTR:NF).

Maybe if we get a game after that, they can do things like experiment with giving Coco different abilities or adding more characters, but even this I want them to really test out and ensure they work well before just throwing them into a game [a shorter description: make them play better than the million gimmicks WOC has].
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: JamieDodgr

JamieDodgr
1 month ago#6
Crunch - yes, so long as it isnt his CotT/MOM mr T knock off personality
Tawna - no, she left Crash for Pinstripe, so maybe have her and Pinstripe as a duo boss battle
Yeah thats fair

User Info: GodOfTheSun

GodOfTheSun
1 month ago#7
the0rebirth posted...
No. Tawna works best as a support character/plot device, IMO, and I'd rather forget that Crunch even exists. Besides that, it's just bandicoot overload; having that many kinda ruins the novelty of Crash being an uncommon animal choice in the first place.

Kinda hard to forget Crunch exists when he's been pretty much in every game ever since 2001 with the exception of the NST. He is a main character and just got reintroduced to modern audiences in 2019, he's definitely gonna return for whatever new game's we get. Also he's much more deserving of appearing in the stories than Tawna. Even with her new personality she and the Nitro Squad don't fit into whatever story they're telling (maybe aside from Tawna but even then it's hard to write a role for her).

User Info: BigBadBastich

BigBadBastich
1 month ago#8
Keep Tawna omit Poochie/Crunch from the series. Unless they do the Tawna/Pinstripe thing im which case Crash will be cucked.

User Info: the0rebirth

the0rebirth
1 month ago#9
GodOfTheSun posted...
the0rebirth posted...

Kinda hard to forget Crunch exists when he's been pretty much in every game ever since 2001 with the exception of the NST. He is a main character and just got reintroduced to modern audiences in 2019, he's definitely gonna return for whatever new game's we get. Also he's much more deserving of appearing in the stories than Tawna. Even with her new personality she and the Nitro Squad don't fit into whatever story they're telling (maybe aside from Tawna but even then it's hard to write a role for her).

It ultimately comes down to how popular these characters are. Everyone loves the OG gang, while the post-Naughty Dog characters are fairly divisive. I could see it going either way.
"The Dragon Ball Super anime is lowering the IQ of the characters so the DB fan base can relate to them better." -Acharyap28

User Info: IWasLeft2Die

IWasLeft2Die
1 month ago#10
Crunch I'm more open to but it doesn't feel necessary. Tawna would not be very interesting tbh
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Should Crunch and Tawna become playable character in the main series?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers