• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Track Discussion 26 - Clockwork Wumpa

User Info: Sonictiger99

Sonictiger99
4 weeks ago#1
How would you rate it? - Results (68 votes)
10/10
11.76% (8 votes)
9/10
16.18% (11 votes)
8/10
35.29% (24 votes)
7/10
22.06% (15 votes)
6/10
8.82% (6 votes)
5/10
2.94% (2 votes)
4/10
0% (0 votes)
3/10
1.47% (1 vote)
2/10
0% (0 votes)
1/10
1.47% (1 vote)
This poll is now closed.
Our 26th track is Clockwork Wumpa! Here we can discuss each racetrack, what we love, what we hate, Easter Eggs we've found and anything related to that track! Let everyone know your thoughts.

9/10 for me. One of my favourite remastered tracks. I didn't think too much of it in CNK but now. And the fact they have the building powered with Wumpa Fruit is a great touch. A difficult but rewarding track as well for maintaining the blue flame for the entire lap. And I do enjoy the music for this one too.

Average scores:

Crash Cove - 6/10
Roo's Tubes - 8/10
Mystery Caves - 6/10
Sewer Speedway - 8/10
Coco Park - 6/10
Tiger Temple - 8/10
Dingo Canyon - 5/10
Papu's Pyramid - 8/10
Blizzard Bluff - 7/10
Dragon Mines - 2/10
Polar Pass - 9/10
Tiny Arena - 8/10
N Gin Labs - 9/10
Cortex Castle - 9/10
Hot Air Skyway - 10/10
Oxide Station - 8/10
Slide Coliseum - 6/10
Turbo Track - 5/10
Retro Stadium - 1/10

Inferno Island - 5/10
Jungle Boogie - 6/10
Tiny Temple - 7/10
Meteor Gorge - 7/10
Barin Ruins - 7/10
Deep Sea Driving - 7/10
Out Of Time - 7/10

NOTE: KEEP VOTING FOR THE PAST TRACKS! THEY ARE CHECKED!

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
4 weeks ago#2
I dont like this track
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
4 weeks ago#3
I love Clockwork Wumpa. The hitboxes on the gears are kind of finicky, but that's about it for issues with it. As CNK's counterpart to one of CTR's best courses (Cortex Castle), it delivers, and that single flaw is the only reason I can't give it a 10.

Perfect length, good layout, great hazard with the activation crate near the end, a challenging enough blue fire course to the point most players can not keep it for long and you can smoke lobbies with it, great music and visuals, there's a lot of things I like about it.

Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: mqg96

mqg96
3 weeks ago#4
10/10. This track is tied with Electron Avenue as my favorite track in the game. Same goes for CNK when I was a kid too. The soundtrack is amazing (I prefer the classic full promo version). The clock factory idea is really cool and amazing with beautiful brown wooden antique colors. Reminds me of old brown wooden furniture from my early childhood. I love the 2 shortcuts in this game. The 1st shortcut with the gears makes you think it’s the right path when you 1st play this course. The exclamation box is a pit trap that can get anyone. It’s like you’re driving inside of an old fashioned clock that’s really creative. Wumpa factory. Antique Clock factory. Whatever you call it. It’s amazing. I can’t describe much more about it. So much nostalgia man. The turns are challenging as well as trying to avoid the 1st couple gears that can smash you, but when you can U-turn/air brake and keep blue flame, it flows very well! Soundtrack gets stuck in my head all day.

User Info: GodOfTheSun

GodOfTheSun
3 weeks ago#5
Ranticoot posted...
I love Clockwork Wumpa. The hitboxes on the gears are kind of finicky, but that's about it for issues with it. As CNK's counterpart to one of CTR's best courses (Cortex Castle), it delivers, and that single flaw is the only reason I can't give it a 10.

Perfect length, good layout, great hazard with the activation crate near the end, a challenging enough blue fire course to the point most players can not keep it for long and you can smoke lobbies with it, great music and visuals, there's a lot of things I like about it.

I really only have a problem with the second gear, the first one seems very easy (kinda like how I always lose to the first barrel in Sewer Speedway but always manage to avoid the second one).

User Info: Terotrous

Terotrous
3 weeks ago#6
7/10. I initially hated this track, but I've kind of come around on it. It's worth noting that the gear shortcut is one of the least impactful shortcuts in the entire game, it saves at best a second or so and is almost never worth the risk IMO.
https://gababoutgames.blogspot.com/ - GAB About Games, a retro console rating project, N64 / PS1 on now
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery

User Info: BloodyRabbit

BloodyRabbit
3 weeks ago#7
10/10, probably one of my favorite tracks in this game.
My demons will consume me...

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
3 weeks ago#8
It's really cool-looking with some fun shortcuts. Reminds me of the Crash equivalent of Tick Tock Clock.
What doth life?

User Info: CountDrugula

CountDrugula
3 weeks ago#9
This level is cool, I wish it was featured in a cup though.

8/10
https://i.imgtc.com/I8p8MqX.png --- http://last.fm/user/doesntexist420
Where the internet goes to die: http://vnnmusick.wordpress.com

User Info: Warm_Lager

Warm_Lager
3 weeks ago#10
7/10 - another good track, but not in my top 10.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Track Discussion 26 - Clockwork Wumpa
  • Topic Archived