• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Post Launch: Playable Character Checklist

User Info: PolarisCastillo

PolarisCastillo
4 weeks ago#11
Great list but you misspelled Gnasty Gnorc like the devs did on the Spyro GP image lol

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
3 weeks ago#12
sakananai posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Datamines aren't accurate and confirmation...
Please don't say they aren't accurate. It's like saying baseball players don't know how to play baseball, or bikers don't ride bikes right. It's like saying dataminers aren't trustworthy. Either that, or they are incompetent at mining data. Is that what you're trying to say?

If you don't think betam, or whoever it is, is pulling the right data or is reporting false info, then say that. If you don't trust car salesmen, say that (and I wouldn't blame you).

In terms of using the data to predict new characters (which is neither the mined data nor the dataminer's job), what I can also tell you is that guessing from the data's list of unused characters will likely be much more accurate than throwing darts at this here wishlist. Until they scrubbed 'em. That, I guarantee. And that's all it will be; a prediction. Don't discredit data just because it doesn't fit your prediction model.

(Personally, I'd rather they scrubbed 'em instead of the alternative; doing nothing was clearly not an option.)

To others using mined data to predict future content, just don't get your hopes up. Let the cards fall where they may.

Considering context and my implied point, actually, what I said is still fine. Taking it out of context like that only makes it look silly.

The other point also still stands in that datamines aren't confirmation for whats to actually come when the time comes, so the "they're more likely to come over people's normal predictions" point is moot.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: sakananai

sakananai
3 weeks ago#13
LightEcoSage posted...
Taking it out of context like that only makes it look silly.
Exactly. Except I didn't have to take it out of context. Due to a lack of (additional) context, the statement and your implied point can easily be misconstrued. The fact that it's short enough that someone could take it as a hard rule doesn't help. That's why I asked you not to say it.

An example; Let's go to the race track:
You: Who do you think will be racing today?
Me: Don't know. Guess we'll find out!
BetaM: Here's a list of all horses registered to race on this race track.
*all races finish for the day*
You: That list's not accurate.
Me: What do you mean? All the horses that raced today were on the list. Except for 'Lucky Star'. Must have been a late entry.
You: Sure, but half of the horses on that list didn't even race!
Me: *chuckles* Of course not! That's not what this list is!

LightEcoSage posted...
The other point also still stands in that datamines aren't confirmation for whats to actually come when the time comes, so the "they're more likely to come over people's normal predictions" point is moot.
Exactly. That's why I didn't bring it up. Not exactly sure what you're going on about in that last bit, but it sounds like you're saying, "There's no point in saying a datamine is or isn't accurate (within your implied context) when they don't confirm anything." To which I'd say, "I agree."

So, please, just say datamines aren't confirmation (of future content/events). That's all that needs to be said.

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
3 weeks ago#14
Who the F is Blink?
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: LandscapeManX

LandscapeManX
3 weeks ago#15
*Updated

You can call this the Ultimate Visual Guide to Possible New Characters.

https://i.imgtc.ws/UQGpfWn.png
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.

User Info: LandscapeManX

LandscapeManX
3 weeks ago#16
So next GP will have Nina, Dr.N.Brio & Komodo Moe?
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
3 weeks ago#17
Some who blatantly should not even be included are Zoe

Wait, aren't you the same guy who defended prioritizing Omochao, Zavok, and Big the Cat on a 15 character Sonic roster? Where the hell do you get off critiquing anyone on character choice?

Also TC, you forgot the skunk from Twinsanity.
What doth life?

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
3 weeks ago#18
sakananai posted...
LightEcoSage posted...
Exactly. Except I didn't have to take it out of context. Due to a lack of (additional) context, the statement and your implied point can easily be misconstrued. The fact that it's short enough that someone could take it as a hard rule doesn't help. That's why I asked you not to say it.

Yes you did have to take it out of context, because my point is otherwise very specific to the replied to person's wording. Even in the form it's in, it was very clearly aimed at the quoted person's last but also short line confirming his/her reasoning for listing the characters being due to them being in the datamine. If you're not taking the time to read the person's post in which I replied to, my replied based post will automatically appear stupid to you.

sakananai posted...
So, please, just say datamines aren't confirmation (of future content/events). That's all that needs to be said.

It was unnecessary to reiterate this. (I was already going to be more clear for future events.)

LandscapeManX posted...
*Updated

https://i.imgtc.ws/UQGpfWn.png

You made it worse (even though Cynder is there) :\
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: sakananai

sakananai
3 weeks ago#19
LightEcoSage posted...
sakananai posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Yes you did have to take it out of context, because my point is otherwise very specific to the replied to person's wording. Even in the form it's in, it was very clearly aimed at the quoted person's last but also short line confirming his/her reasoning for listing the characters being due to them being in the datamine. If you're not taking the time to read the person's post in which I replied to, my replied based post will automatically appear stupid to you.
Heh. Interestingly, I had a feeling you'd bring that up. Oh, I read what he said, and what he said was irrelevant. I was really tempted to put an additional line in my example stating as such. More specifically, whether we say these horses were most likely (as he stated) going to race today just because their on the list or not doesn't change the context. Oh well. Too late.

Anyway, I don't really care to drag this out, because:
LightEcoSage posted...
sakananai posted...
It was unnecessary to reiterate this. (I was already going to be more clear for future events.)
Thanks. That's all I ask.

LandscapeManX posted...
*Updated
I like it, but if you ever create another, could you... try to shrink it down a bit? I mean, it was only quoted once and gamefaqs thinks we need to see the whole thing twice. Makes conversing harder than it needs to be. (If they had an auto-truncate/shrink/expand capability as part of its image loading bit, we wouldn't be having this conversation.)
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Post Launch: Playable Character Checklist
  • Topic Archived