• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Post Launch: Playable Character Checklist

User Info: LandscapeManX

LandscapeManX
4 weeks ago#1
So I decided to make a checklist for possible Grand Prix Characters.
Ranging from other Crash Kart games, notable characters, and spyro guest characters.
(Note: I also added the ones from the first few Grand Prix)

https://i.imgtc.ws/Mq8YUEc.png

*Feel free to use as wishlist, or for speculations on who you think we will see in the future.
Official Great Toad Sage of this board.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
4 weeks ago#2
I like parts of this list, but some of these characters, which I won't list out of laziness, have 0% of ever being in the game.

Some who blatantly should not even be included are Zoe (it's stupid how she isn't a sticker or bgs character, though), Warthog, Venus Flytrap, Tribesman, King Chicken, Baby Cortex and Baby Trophy (they don't need to be in the game solely because baby variants of Crash and Coco are in and they're both Crash Bandicoot and Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot characters).

That said, with Nina and Evil Coco (as an alt) practically guaranteed, who I hope to see are Dr. Nitrus Brio, Koala Kong, Rilla Roo, Bianca, and Elora.

Then you have Emperor Velo, who should have never been cut or hypothetically delayed to begin with.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

LandscapeManX
4 weeks ago#3
LightEcoSage posted...
Some who blatantly should not even be included are Zoe (it's stupid how she isn't a sticker or bgs character, though), Warthog, Venus Flytrap, Tribesman, King Chicken, Baby Cortex and Baby Trophy (they don't need to be in the game solely because baby variants of Crash and Coco are in and they're both Crash Bandicoot and Naughty Dog Crash Bandicoot characters).
Yes, the list is stretching it, it's far-fetched.
But it's just a fun little thing. Look at the mario games they usually add generic enemies like goomba, koopa's and Smash Brothers even has Piranha Plant.
As for the spyro character, I simply took the most known ones.

Oh and, King Chicken, Baby Cortex and Baby Tropy were in the datamine, thats why I added them. They'll most likely be added, even though most people would rather see other characters.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#4
Most of these won't be coming, as awesome as the final list could be.

You forgot Cynder.

LandscapeManX
4 weeks ago#5
Hypnofeet posted...

You forgot Cynder.
Was thinking of adding her,. but I thought people hated the skylander series.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#6
LandscapeManX posted...
Hypnofeet posted...

You forgot Cynder.
Was thinking of adding her,. but I thought people hated the skylander series.

I mean, Cynder isn't from the Skylanders series originally.

LandscapeManX
4 weeks ago#7
Hypnofeet posted...
I mean, Cynder isn't from the Skylanders series originally.
I did not know that.

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
4 weeks ago#8
i jsut swant the posusm, in thsi game
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
4 weeks ago#9
LandscapeManX posted...
Look at the mario games they usually add generic enemies like goomba, koopa's and Smash Brothers even has Piranha Plant.

As for the spyro character, I simply took the most known ones.

Oh and, King Chicken, Baby Cortex and Baby Tropy were in the datamine, thats why I added them. They'll most likely be added, even though most people would rather see other characters.

Yes, Lab Assistant (or someone better) can fill that role. Mario Kart has yet to add in a Goomba. At least with Koopa, it literally debuted in the first Mario Kart game and are generally among the most common and diverse species in the Mario universe. Piranha Plant is already an extremely well known, iconic enemy type in the Mario series, justifying itself in the Smash Bros. series, so Crash shouldn't attempt to steal that idea. PP is also one of the most prominent enemy types in the Mario series, unlike the Venus Fly Traps in Crash.

That's fine, it's Zoe who isn't. Should have used Cynder instead.

Datamines aren't accurate and confirmation, and I hope that doesn't happen. There's still way too many Crash characters to be including those ones. Stew and Gizzard along with Baby Crash and Baby Coco would suffice.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: sakananai

sakananai
4 weeks ago#10
LightEcoSage posted...
Datamines aren't accurate and confirmation...
Please don't say they aren't accurate. It's like saying baseball players don't know how to play baseball, or bikers don't ride bikes right. It's like saying dataminers aren't trustworthy. Either that, or they are incompetent at mining data. Is that what you're trying to say?

If you don't think betam, or whoever it is, is pulling the right data or is reporting false info, then say that. If you don't trust car salesmen, say that (and I wouldn't blame you).

In terms of using the data to predict new characters (which is neither the mined data nor the dataminer's job), what I can also tell you is that guessing from the data's list of unused characters will likely be much more accurate than throwing darts at this here wishlist. Until they scrubbed 'em. That, I guarantee. And that's all it will be; a prediction. Don't discredit data just because it doesn't fit your prediction model.

(Personally, I'd rather they scrubbed 'em instead of the alternative; doing nothing was clearly not an option.)

To others using mined data to predict future content, just don't get your hopes up. Let the cards fall where they may.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Post Launch: Playable Character Checklist
  • Topic Archived