• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. "Win a race in Online Matchmaking while being in 8th position..."

User Info: Venage27

Venage27
1 month ago#1
Translation: We at Beenox smoke weed like there is no tomorrow when we decide to make challenges.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

User Info: BeatScrafty2

BeatScrafty2
1 month ago#2
I wish they'd stop bringing back that challenge too.
3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
Switch : 1262-5767-2705

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
1 month ago#3
Yeah, I did it the once and I don't want to go through it again. It's not enough to just be really f***ing good at the game, the stars need to align with item RNG, track, and above all else the skill level of every single other player in your lobby.
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: SilentSeph

SilentSeph
1 month ago#4
The description might as well say 'Disconnect online and hope the resulting AI doesn't get stuck on a ledge'
Delicious and vicious, while maliciously nutritious.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
1 month ago#5
There's this and several other utterly terrible challenges that have been annoyingly recurring since Nitro Tour. If the game actually had a separate ranked and casual mode system (like in other kart racers), the challenge would likely be fairly doable. Regardless of even that, though, the challenge from a design standpoint is idiotic with the general design of the game, between its large number of short maps, the weak catch-up items, and blue turbo functionality.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 month ago#6
Baaically have to hope they game dc's into an offline lobby
Playing:
PS4: Spyro 3, Crash Team Racing. N.Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses. SNES Mini: Zelda: ALttP. 3DS: Pokemon Moon. Mobile: DQI

User Info: SA200

SA200
1 month ago#7
The challenge is almost impossible online since there's almost always going to be at least one skilled racer & at least one terrible racer in every lobby. By the time you wait for 7th to start lap 3 the guy in 1st is halfway to the finish line. Depending on the room I'm that guy in 1st & good luck catching me after waiting for 7th to start lap 3. Only way to get it done is insane luck or disconnect.
Rate this fetish: Dat Ass ~ Mr_PotatoHeads
It's not a fetish. It's a way of life. ~ EmeralDragon23 http://psnprofiles.com/Someguy42

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 month ago#8
DC when the lights start going.

Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!

User Info: thedicemaster

thedicemaster
1 month ago#9
SA200 posted...
The challenge is almost impossible online since there's almost always going to be at least one skilled racer & at least one terrible racer in every lobby. By the time you wait for 7th to start lap 3 the guy in 1st is halfway to the finish line. Depending on the room I'm that guy in 1st & good luck catching me after waiting for 7th to start lap 3. Only way to get it done is insane luck or disconnect.
I've had races in hyper spaceway where the number 1 had a perfect sub-2min run, and I had to race against the timer just to make it to the 3rd lap.
and I wasn't even in last place.

User Info: PolarisCastillo

PolarisCastillo
1 month ago#10
Only way to do it is to disconnect. Yes its cheating but doing it the official way is cheating YOU out of your time.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. "Win a race in Online Matchmaking while being in 8th position..."
  • Topic Archived