• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Super Engine was a Mistake for Online Racing

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
1 month ago#1
Super Engine was a Mistake for Online Racing - Results (95 votes)
Yes, there is a reason it was only in Battle Mode
22.11% (21 votes)
No, It was a great Idea to add it.
31.58% (30 votes)
Doesn't matter, Online has no balance either way.
45.26% (43 votes)
Other
1.05% (1 vote)
This poll is now closed.
Well, you know people like to cry "Cheater", but the matter of fact is this item can be fairly common in the 3rd Lap.

If you're on a track with long stretches without Turbo Pads and especially if that's the case AND no Bluefire to top it, A juiced up Engine can get you from 3rd to 1st if you play it right.

And yes, I already had a race there I did that, got a Super Engine in 3rd and won because of it... felt cheap, because I made some mistakes that warranted me being in 3rd, so getting a victory just because of that Item was whack.

I think it should Vanish, because it was never meant to be Part of your Ordinary Races and it isn't part of Adventure Mode / Arcade Modes, because Hard AI with that would be f***ing Broken, and Online AI is Easy by default, at least in Matchmaking...

User Info: thesuperjag

thesuperjag
1 month ago#2
Nah, I think it’s a great addition to online racing! It makes things go by faster! Keeps things fresh!

User Info: BazzaPersonal

BazzaPersonal
1 month ago#3
I like it.
I only deal in facts, sorry if you don't like it.

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
1 month ago#4
I think it's pretty harmless. It's a very good item for weak/unskilled players but hardly useful at all for those who are good at maintaining fire. This means less warp orbs and clocks and based on that, I'm satisfied.
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
1 month ago#5
The super Engine winds up hurting you on most tracks by eating your reserves.

That blue fire you get from it is barely faster than fire from normal fire from boost pad.
Spencer! Devon! Maria! LAWRENCE! NOOOOO!!!

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
1 month ago#6
Thanks to it I somehow got blue flame on Spyro Circuit!
Playing:
PS4: Spyro 3, Crash Team Racing. N.Switch: Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses. SNES Mini: Zelda: ALttP. 3DS: Pokemon Moon. Mobile: DQI

User Info: Lednard

Lednard
1 month ago#7
Nah it's fine. I mean, better than the 2 last players getting a Electric Blue Shell thingy or everyone getting a f***ing Shield and busting it in your face.
Most of the time in this game where I'm not at least 4th is because everyone get a cool item and I'm getting bodied by everyone one by one in that one turn you must not miss. So I think the super duper boost is just fine, it's not like there's any item balance whatsoever.

User Info: kaminarikid

kaminarikid
1 month ago#8
The online is fairly busted regardless. The super engine isn't necessarily making things better or worse.
"There are two things in this world that will never lie to you: cats and facts."
-Tyson Kidd

User Info: ssj4warrior

ssj4warrior
1 month ago#9
hanautaBOB posted...
And yes, I already had a race there I did that, got a Super Engine in 3rd and won because of it... felt cheap, because I made some mistakes that warranted me being in 3rd, so getting a victory just because of that Item was whack.

Guess we should just ban triple bombs, triple missiles and masks in 3rd too because you'd have won with them too.
Training to become canon

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
1 month ago#10
ssj4warrior posted...
Guess we should just ban triple bombs, triple missiles and masks in 3rd too because you'd have won with them too.

Probably not... My Aim with Bombs sucks (I know about Manual Detonation but still miss a lot) and my Missles mostly hit if I am so close I'd probably pass anyways.

Besides, Warp Orbs and Clocks have been nerfed so much that I had plenty of races without them.

While they are annoying, going several races without getting Clocked or chased by an Orb is weird...

People who complain about them probably DC for challenges and "Easy Online Coins" although I really don't recommend that...

When I DC'd for the Polar Pass Challenge (to make Polar Win Online, Pasif Driver and No Harm Done all at once) I had 4 Warp Orbs at the same time on the map, and like 5 Clocks back to back.

If you don't do that, you barely have any problems with these, having multiple Clocks or Orbs in a Single Race is kinda rare now.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Super Engine was a Mistake for Online Racing
  • Topic Archived