• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. I everybody tired of seeing too many Speed players online?

User Info: KSoulLord

KSoulLord
1 month ago#1
I think Speed is way too overused. Sure, they're objectively the best, but that doesn't make them the best when it comes to the player's skill. So, I ask you all, is everyone tired of them online? - Results (137 votes)
Yes.
34.31% (47 votes)
No.
65.69% (90 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't hate Speed Class. They can be pretty fun to play as. But they're also my least favorite class in the game because their turning is horrendous. Sure, you can use air-hopping and u-turning with air-break faster, and yes, they are objectively the fastest, but if you don't have the skills to perform mad dashing skills, then you're pretty much better off with another class.

I'm way more used to Accel class, I can do well with Balanced, and there are 2 occasions where Turning is at their best on super curvy tracks, like Tiny Arena and Oxide Station.

But yes, while Speed is a fun class, they're more fun in less curvy tracks like Coco's Park and Crash Cove.

I find Accel to be my best type, with Balanced being my second best. Speed for me is my least favorite.

If you enjoy speed, that's fine, but I feel like they're way too overused online.
Keyblade Soul Lord - Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://bit.ly/2UVBCkx
Most Wanted Characters for Smash Ultimate: Sora, Shantae, Rex & Pyra/Mythra

User Info: LonelyGoomba

LonelyGoomba
1 month ago#2
I mean, I prefer playing as them. I wish there were more speed characters though cos visually, I don't love a lot of them since they tend to be big heavy characters.

I think speed characters have the highest skill ceiling so might as well get good with them if you intend to spend 200 hours in the game some reason
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
1 month ago#3
i still run into lobbies that are mostly fairly balanced class-wise. speed dominant lobbies are more common than dominant lobbies of other types, but usually i only run into a couple a night that are just tiny, tropy, etc.

they are my second favorite class to play after accel. not just because of speed and having many characters i like but i find they play the most like accel of any of the non-accel classes.
Born to lose, live to win!
(message deleted)

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
1 month ago#5
The best class being overused? Say it ain't so!

Also, your air-brake/uturn point is useless. Paraya already debunked that with simple R1 pressing with no air brakes or uturns on one of the most heaviest turn tracks in the game. Moving faster > Any other advantage.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
DFFOO: Slinky - 353614568 || Opera Omnia discord link: https://discord.gg/ZQsevtm

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
1 month ago#6
Sure, they're objectively the best, but that doesn't make them the best when it comes to the player's skill

Yes it does, wtf?

If you suck as a Speed player, you would suck as the other classes
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

Ludacris01
1 month ago#7
Anyway, the issue is air braking. They need to revert it to how it was in the PS1 where braking at all would make you lose your speed boost.

No reason why speed characters should be pulling full laps with the blue flame on Cortex Castle. None.

User Info: LonelyGoomba

LonelyGoomba
1 month ago#8
Ludacris01 posted...
Anyway, the issue is air braking. They need to revert it to how it was in the PS1 where braking at all would make you lose your speed boost.

No reason why speed characters should be pulling full laps with the blue flame on Cortex Castle. None.

Tbh I'd probably have stopped playing the game by now if they removed that though, since it's the most fun part of the game. Learning how to keep the boost the entire race
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba

User Info: Cute_Davidek

Cute_Davidek
1 month ago#9
I am sick of them being OP, Air Brake should kill reserves. But I can not complain about ppl taking thier best chance to win, that would be childlish.

I am using Crash on 2/3 of tracks and N.Trophy on remaining 1/3 of them.

Ludacris01
1 month ago#10
LonelyGoomba posted...
Ludacris01 posted...

Tbh I'd probably have stopped playing the game by now if they removed that though

this is probably for the better
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. I everybody tired of seeing too many Speed players online?
  • Topic Archived