• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Ridiculously Often Aku-Aku/Uka-Uka Mask pick-ups while in 1st Place

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
1 month ago#1
Even as far in as p1.08, the item distribution in this game is still so utterly imbalanced. Throughout the different states of the game via its patches, way too frequent Aku-Aku/Uka-Uka Mask pick-ups while in 1st place has been an issue, among other issues which I won't get into, but what the actual hell, Beenox? I also know this happens to other people as when i'm in, for example, 2nd place, the lead racer somehow gains a bigger lead at an apparent rate despite my previous efforts of being on their tail, especially when a Clock is used but they're still going faster without a shield equipped. It's really frustrating whether i'm the one getting them or especially others.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: Warm_Lager

Warm_Lager
1 month ago#2
The person in first place really has no business getting a mask, or a boost for that matter.
Shields are more than enough.

I partied up with a mate online and in one race her got SEVEN masks in a row....

User Info: Andreadg89

Andreadg89
1 month ago#3
Yesterday I was first in Twilight Tour, and got three Masks. Even if I was the person in first, I found it really ridicolous. To me, mask should be available starting from third place. Anyway, Item distribution is a mess in every place, especially the probability to get warp orbs or clocks, that is way too high at the moment. If I were Beenox, I'll made it so the clock can't be found more than 2/3 times for all racers per race, and can't be more than 2 warp orb at the same time on the track. That would be acceptable in my opinion.
PSN : andreadg89

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
1 month ago#4
It shouldn't happen at all. It's a complete farce. I'm absolutely sick of getting masks in 1st.

Yes, granted, items are worse than the original so first place getting more defensive items overall is a good thing, but masks? Just... no.
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: BazzaPersonal

BazzaPersonal
1 month ago#5
Yeah masks should absolutely not be a thing for first place. Item balance is horrible.
I only deal in facts, sorry if you don't like it.

User Info: Rock_Howard87

Rock_Howard87
1 month ago#6
At this one race, I was way ahead at first place. Got 4 masks in a row. Felt good, but yeah, it's pretty dumb, and shouldn't happen.
Overwatch, JRPGs, fighting games, Rock Howard, Logix Ficsario, booze, friends, family, chicks and cars. Not in that particular order!

User Info: LonelyGoomba

LonelyGoomba
1 month ago#7
I got 3 masks in a row once in first. It's weird, almost like the RNG gets stuck, or just incredibly good luck.
One mask now and then is a pretty nice surprise but sometimes it's so often it has to be unintended. People probably think I'm hacking
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba

User Info: SOAD5657

SOAD5657
4 weeks ago#8
I was in first place on the last lap in a race.

A blue orb was chasing me.

I got a mask right before it could hit me and I won the race.

That's the one time I did not feel bad about getting a mask in first place.
GET a load of THIS!!!!!

User Info: Cute_Davidek

Cute_Davidek
4 weeks ago#9
I don't think masks are for leaders are unhealthy. Actually when I'm on the lead I vastly prefer shield than masks because you can fire them off and stop worrying for clocks.

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
4 weeks ago#10
Warm_Lager posted...
The person in first place really has no business getting a mask, or a boost for that matter.
Shields are more than enough.

I partied up with a mate online and in one race her got SEVEN masks in a row....

Yeah, Mask is one thing, but Boost too is stupid. Some of my many recorded videos of me constantly getting Mask in first place has some Boost and Shields mixed in.

Gawd. The most I've gotten in a row is 3-4.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Ridiculously Often Aku-Aku/Uka-Uka Mask pick-ups while in 1st Place
  • Topic Archived