• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Caddicarus rips apart microtransactions in CTR

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#121
LivingInPapaya posted...
You literally just said it cost you $40

Oh okay so we're just playing dumb semantics games then, cool

You know damn well I was referring to the additional pitstop content.

You can make s*** for your game, disable some of it, wait a bit and then enable it and say "Look, it's free!"

And it literally is. It's scummy, it's certainly not generous or a gift, but it literally is content that is added to the base game for free.

Activision has set up mouse traps thinking the playerbase is stupid and now we have the chance to take the cheese out of them without a scratch and leave little "f*** you" notes in its place. If you can't see that as an opportunity to give a big middle finger to the entire concept of MTs then I don't know what to tell you, because it's pretty freaking blatant to me.
What doth life?

SpunkySix
1 month ago#122
"B-b-but the content was made before the game was released, this is somehow better than intentionally waiting to make the content after release so you can mandatorily charge money for it with no possible avenue for getting any of it without paying real money! It's way less greedy to lock anyone who can't pay extra real money out of the content permanently with no alternative!"

Imagine actually not just thinking that, but outright demanding it like this board does.

And with that "oh it's actually part of the base game that was just taken out and added in later" concept... well then f***, CTR has the most content I've ever seen in the base game of a $40 game.
What doth life?

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
1 month ago#123
"B-b-b-but they waited a little bit b-before e-e-enabling the content s-so it's 100% f-free! Daddy Activision says it s-so it m-m-must be true!!!!!"

Whee, I can do it too.

Do you think I'd want paid DLC in f***ing Crash Team Racing either?
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

SpunkySix
1 month ago#124
LivingInPapaya posted...
Do you think I'd want paid DLC in f***ing Crash Team Racing either?

I see people on this board near-constantly saying they'd rather have that, so maybe?

B-b-b-but they waited a little bit b-before e-e-enabling the content s-so it's 100% f-free!

My point is that either:

1. It literally is free content added to the game

or

2. CTR's base game is a massive value for $40 with something like 50+ characters, over a hundred skins, countless cosmetic options, and more than two games' worth of tracks

Pick one. If you're saying that it's (2) instead of (1) and the GP content is just the base game delayed, then all that means is that the base game of CTR:NF is one of the best values on the market in terms of content-per-dollar. I can't think of a single other kart racer, let alone another multiplayer game in the general mascot genre, that has that much content for only $40.

So okay, they added some MTs. That was s***ty and dishonest. f*** 'em, I'm getting it all for the bare minimum price anyways and so can everyone else for doing nothing but playing online on weekends sometimes.
What doth life?

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
1 month ago#125
ArroganceMalice posted...
Where did CTR cost 60? What currency lmao
I simply cannot but laugh at this guy. I’m kinda shocked he didn’t say that Papaya edited the post before he read it.

lol lmao rofl roflmao and all that

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
1 month ago#126
UndyingStick posted...
I simply cannot but laugh at this guy. I’m kinda shocked he didn’t say that Papaya edited the post before he read it.

lol lmao rofl roflmao and all that
It still isn’t a full price game

trying to say to laugh at me yet your siding with the guy who’s claiming crash was a full price release lol
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
1 month ago#127

trying to say to laugh at me yet your siding with the guy who’s claiming crash was a full price release lol

i never said it was full-priced, i said it wasn't budget priced

$60 with a $80 deluxe edition and microtransactions and snack promotions and battle passes isn't "budget"
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

ArroganceMalice
1 month ago#128
LivingInPapaya posted...
i never said it was full-priced, i said it wasn't budget priced

$60 with a $80 deluxe edition and microtransactions and snack promotions and battle passes isn't "budget"
It is In Australia they earn a higher wage

lol being this naive

User Info: UndyingStick

UndyingStick
1 month ago#129

She actually said what the price was for AUD. Your incomprehension to actually read and understand that is a whole different thing.

That's usually why you get sarcastic and petty answers. Well, along with drooling over the game under any circumstances.

ArroganceMalice
1 month ago#130
UndyingStick posted...
She actually said what the price was for AUD. Your incomprehension to actually read and understand that is a whole different thing.

That's usually why you get sarcastic and petty answers. Well, along with drooling over the game under any circumstances.
Yeah and? It still isn’t a full price game lmao
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Caddicarus rips apart microtransactions in CTR
  • Topic Archived