• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Finally got the Relic Platinum paint job

User Info: CODwiiiVIP123

CODwiiiVIP123
4 weeks ago#1
Out of all the Platinum Relic races I'd say the top 3 hardest ones to get (at least for me) were:

Papu's Pyramid
N. Gin Labs
Blizzard Bluff

Papu's Pyramid isn't as difficult per say as N.Gin Labs, but the large amount of run-ruining sections on that track in particular feels a lot more punishing and soul crushing than most other relic races when you make a mistake (those **** piranha plant boxes), you pretty much have to do a nearly perfect run with no mistakes on Papu's Pyramid to get the Platinum.

Whereas N.Gin Labs overall isn't too bad except for 3 very difficult run-ruining sections (hitting the boxes just before and after the blue boost tunnel without falling or hitting the wall while maintaining your speed and at the very ends of lap 1&2 needing to hit all the multiple 3 sec. crates quickly enough to make the platinum time possible) but if you can overcome those 3 difficult sections, the rest of the track isn't that bad as long as you know the route to take and don't choke an easy box from the nervousness you'll be feeling in lap 3.

Blizzard Bluff is self-explanatory with it's 2 large ice patches and tricky box placements, there's very, very little room for error on that track; If you miss any of boxes on the slippery ice patches on laps 1-3, the run's pretty much over.
3DS FC: 4596-9726-4489

User Info: Andreadg89

Andreadg89
4 weeks ago#2
I got it last week and yes, I agree, These three tracks was the hardest to do. Papu's Pyramid took me the most to complete, you need to make zero mistake to complete it
PSN : andreadg89

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#3
I found hot air skyway the hardest
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: Wildfyre88

Wildfyre88
4 weeks ago#4
I would say N. Gin Labs, Papu's Pyramid and Hot Air Skyway are the top three I had difficulty with.

The first two are notably harder imo but Hot Air Skyway took longer than I care to admit, I would always miss a box somewhere or mess up somehow and then couldn't get all the boxes and have to restart.

On the flipside I got Platinum on Tiny Arena and Slide Coliseum first time and didn't get all the boxes on either, so I would rate them among the easiest.

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
4 weeks ago#5
The boxes on the right immediately before the turbo tunnel on N. Gin Labs were wayyy f***ing harder on the original where there was no air-brake to save you. Just had to froggy right and hope you clipped both.

I'm consistently surprised at how many people struggle with the flytrap plants on Papu's Pyramid. I don't know if it's because people don't skip race intros or what, but I found the cycles to be perfectly lined up every time I've gotten the platinum relic there.
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: Regurk_Abas

Regurk_Abas
4 weeks ago#6
Do you miss out on anything if you get the plat relics on easy? You still get the paint job right?
Jeuchalais Evule Plelat
https://www.youtube.com/user/RegurkAbas/playlists

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
4 weeks ago#7
Regurk_Abas posted...
Do you miss out on anything if you get the plat relics on easy? You still get the paint job right?

No, you don't miss anything. Aside from the trophy for beating any% on hard mode, all unlocks are the same and difficulty is purely personal choice
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: YattaRX8

YattaRX8
4 weeks ago#8
Sewer speedway and N. Gin were the only maps that took me well over an hour of grinding to get on hard. I f***ing hated the boxes right before the starting line on N. Gin. Dumbest s***.
http://i.imgur.com/wUDbB3O.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZMxzLso.jpg

User Info: Regurk_Abas

Regurk_Abas
4 weeks ago#9
LivingInPapaya posted...
Regurk_Abas posted...

No, you don't miss anything. Aside from the trophy for beating any% on hard mode, all unlocks are the same and difficulty is purely personal choice

Ah neat. Thanks.
Jeuchalais Evule Plelat
https://www.youtube.com/user/RegurkAbas/playlists

User Info: OmegaDimension

OmegaDimension
4 weeks ago#10
Sewer Speedway
N.Gin Labs
Papu's Pyramid

Those three I had the hardest time on getting the platinum's. Sewer Speedway took me the longest because of how inconsistent it was (Yet people are getting negative times on it)
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Finally got the Relic Platinum paint job
  • Topic Archived