• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
4 weeks ago#11
demonfang178 posted...
No. Don't give people this tip. I pass so many people because they don't know it, even on courses you wouldn't think it's a big deal like Meteor Gorge, Twilight Tour and Tiger Temple.

Too bad... got to git gudder now.

User Info: Final_Prinny

Final_Prinny
4 weeks ago#12
Question.
Is this because it's outright faster, or because it helps maintain your reserves?

If it's outright faster, as SpunkySix said that will hurt to adopt. I love getting air off of jumps, especially at USF speed. (... to the point I'd probably prefer 2nd place, honestly, if that would be the difference maker.)
Prinny rule number one: All posts must contain at least one 'dood'. So here it is, dood.

User Info: demonfang178

demonfang178
4 weeks ago#13
Final_Prinny posted...
Question.
Is this because it's outright faster, or because it helps maintain your reserves?

BOTH sometimes. I know it's both on the first jump in Meteor Gorge.

User Info: Vhanzy

Vhanzy
4 weeks ago#14
Yup there are times that its better not to hop on a ramp and just continue to powerslide or boost because long air times can be slower at times than just boosting all the way

User Info: Kusanagi_Ibuki

Kusanagi_Ibuki
4 weeks ago#15
My muscle memory from my PS1 days sometimes prevents me from NOT JUMPING at every single hill. smdh
"If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?"
This was never meant to be read, so CARRY ON!

User Info: UltraPlanet

UltraPlanet
4 weeks ago#16
What? You tell me you don't jump at the last hill before the shortcut in Roo's Tubes?

User Info: AceJay

AceJay
4 weeks ago#17
UltraPlanet posted...
What? You tell me you don't jump at the last hill before the shortcut in Roo's Tubes?

Nah I'm telling you.

Dont do this...

/\jump/\jump/\jump/\jump/\jump/\jump/\

Its better to do this..

/\Slide.../\.../\.../\.../\.../\Jump/\

The take away is reserving your boost, and dont get jump happy.
"Now you can shoot him in his gizzard and he just walks away laughing at ya', have you ever been shot in the gizzard?"
  • Topic Archived