• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Does anybody know if the next grand prix starts right away?? :O

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#21
superfist posted...
It better not! Im sick of constantly needing to play this game everyday to get points and to keep my ranking! Its becoming a chore!

Then don’t do it, the game isn’t forcing you
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#22
ArroganceMalice posted...
superfist posted...
It better not! Im sick of constantly needing to play this game everyday to get points and to keep my ranking! Its becoming a chore!

"Grind dull daily tasks or miss out on content" is a s***ty choice. Stop acting like "well it's not literally forcing you at gunpoint to play" is a good retort, because it's not.
What doth life?

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
4 weeks ago#23
My guess is that it will start the first Wednesday of August, due to the timing of the event (has to be 3 weeks), + the most games usually have their big updates mid week.

I know Killing Floor 2 always starts their seasonal events on a Tuesday since that's when PSN updates, as do some of the other multiplayer games with seasonal events.
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#24
SpunkySix posted...
superfist posted...

"Grind dull daily tasks or miss out on content" is a s***ty choice. Stop acting like "well it's not literally forcing you at gunpoint to play" is a good retort, because it's not.

It will be available on the pit stop, you won’t miss out on anything

Stop being dramatic

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#25

Once again, this is just avoiding the issue rather than addressing it.

I'm not being dramatic, that's just a terrible non-reply to the criticism. "Do a repetitive, dull grind now, or wait weeks and then grind more later and then wait for the thing to randomly show up in the rotating shop" is not a good choice.

How about instead of having a weird hard-on for an obviously flawed system, people support less time-consuming, grindy alternatives? It's weird how people aggressively defend this completely unnecessary month-long grind like it's a family member or something.
What doth life?

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#26
SpunkySix posted...

Once again, this is just avoiding the issue rather than addressing it.

I'm not being dramatic, that's just a terrible non-reply to the criticism. "Do a repetitive, dull grind now, or wait weeks and then grind more later and then wait for the thing to randomly show up in the rotating shop" is not a good choice.

How about instead of having a weird hard-on for an obviously flawed system, people support less time-consuming, grindy alternatives? It's weird how people aggressively defend this completely unnecessary month-long grind like it's a family member or something.

You have 2 options play now for the battle pass or get it later in your own time

There’s nothing wrong with that and the game lets you choose what’s best for you

And you are only thinking of yourself even most of the top 5% don’t have the battle pass completes not everyone can play every day a month is a fair amount of time

Any longer you would complain any shorter it’s not long enough

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#27
Again, neither of those options are particularly good. Either way you're grinding boring tasks or waiting weeks for an item to finally go on sale.

And you are only thinking of yourself

By what, saying that everyone should have to do less grinding? I'm in the top 5%, and I still say the amount of daily babysitting you have to do for the game is stupid, especially since you have to do it for a month straight.

I absolutely would not complain if they made it shorter and less repetitive and adjusted the nitro for it. Where are you getting that idea from?
What doth life?

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#28
SpunkySix posted...
Again, neither of those options are particularly good. Either way you're grinding boring tasks or waiting weeks for an item to finally go on sale.

And you are only thinking of yourself

By what, saying that everyone should have to do less grinding? I'm in the top 5%, and I still say the amount of daily babysitting you have to do for the game is stupid, especially since you have to do it for a month straight.

I absolutely would not complain if they made it shorter and less repetitive and adjusted the nitro for it. Where are you getting that idea from?

Again you are playing for unlockables most games do this

No I’m saying you can’t make it shorter cause people won’t have it done, increase payout or reduce the amount needed sure

And cmon your complaining you have to hold your position on a leaderboard, that’s generally how they work, don’t like it again the game isn’t forcing you

User Info: Core1019

Core1019
4 weeks ago#29
ox0shadow0xo posted...
Make it faster (like 4-5x faster) then repeat the GP every other week until the next one is ready. People would unlock things quickly, so it would feel like less of a chore. And if people miss the first week, they can catch the next one.

This. This is a great idea.
This signature is currently wasting several lines of pixels on your screen.
You're welcome.

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#30
Again you are playing for unlockables most games do this

Lots of games do it without being this grindy. Also "lots of games do this stupid, boring thing" is not a good reason to do a stupid, boring thing.

And cmon your complaining you have to hold your position on a leaderboard, that’s generally how they work

Usually content isn't exclusively tied to doing that for a month straight.

don’t like it again the game isn’t forcing you

That's still not a good reason for anything. "You're not being forced to unlock this through repetitive, dull grinding every day for a month, you can also just wait for some unidentified amount of time to buy the item in the shop" is a choice with no good option. Acting like those are the only two possible options is a false dichotomy.
What doth life?
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Does anybody know if the next grand prix starts right away?? :O
  • Topic Archived