• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Happy 1 Month Anniversary!

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
4 weeks ago#21
Even though this game has several issues and is far from perfect, I love it a lot. Yeah, sometimes it can get frustrating and annoying, but most of the time it's a joy for me to play.

I like it even enough to help my brother (aka Log In with his ID when he is busy and can't use his console so it doesn't hold him off from using it what so ever) unlock GP stuff as much as possible while also for Completionist sake I keep doing the challenges for myself...

His Profile is close to Motorsport Tawna and got the Le Chaux and Nitro Squad Packs thanks to my efforts...

While I must say the challenges need some work (less repetition, more unique challenges and a lot less of the Battle Modes) I am glad that they were all pretty doable without extreme cheeses necessary (I don't consider it cheesing if I overlap enemies to have enough time to finish the last lap in reverse).

It could be worse, I have still years (no exaggeration here...!) worth of money grinding in another game to get any new "Reward Loot Box", because I exploited the hell out of an glitch it had for a while and need to earn back the money for the "overgranted" (boxes the glitch gave me without earning them properly) crates if I ever want to get a single new box again.

(Disclaimer: I only tried to get the current available items, but because of s***ty RNG drops and hundreds of duplicates I had to open 1800+ chests, I can earn 4-5 per week if I don't put extra efforts in beyond the daily and weekly challenges).

If I am too stubborn to give up a quest that will take me years to finish and I keep enjoying the game, you can imagine how far away I am from disliking CTR: NF.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#22
LivingInPapaya posted...
SpunkySix posted...
There should definitely be a middle option, as I've been simultaneously enjoying and resenting the game.

No you haven't. I doubt you even own it. You just came here to throw salt everywhere because the game you've spent months shilling for wasn't received nearly as well.

this seems like an extremely salty post out of nowhere. past history?

Sort of? Pay attention to his posts, he's here purely to passive-aggressively s*** on Crash because the Sonic racing game he seems to think is god's gift to gaming got significantly less praise. That's the sole reason he comes to this board.
What doth life?

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
4 weeks ago#23
SpunkySix posted...
LivingInPapaya posted...
SpunkySix posted...
There should definitely be a middle option, as I've been simultaneously enjoying and resenting the game.

No you haven't. I doubt you even own it. You just came here to throw salt everywhere because the game you've spent months shilling for wasn't received nearly as well.

Sort of? Pay attention to his posts, he's here purely to passive-aggressively s*** on Crash because the Sonic racing game he seems to think is god's gift to gaming got significantly less praise. That's the sole reason he comes to this board.

Pretty sure it's a she?
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
4 weeks ago#24
LivingInPapaya posted...
SpunkySix posted...

Spunk makes nonsensical posts like this often with all forms of post I make. The guy has serious comprehension issues and non-existent reasoning skills, as well as suffers from chronic delusion (including believing a game, which FYI he's never touched in his life, is terrible just because a big-enough-to-satisfy-his-ego group of people he selectively chooses to cite all say things inline with his faulty "beliefs"), which isn't an exaggeration. What I said originally was the complete truth, and I can provide proof of this through my long playtime with the game if the game had a play-time counter.

SIE usually send emails yearly of your most played games throughout a year, and so far this game is without a doubt included in that. (That maybe would or wouldn't be the case if I delved deeper into my g.backlog, especially the RPG section, but that hasn't happened. Additionally, this might alternatively change also due to the game having nothing else of value post-adventure mode and Tropy's Time trials. Outside local play with friends, which is a point that can universally be applied to any game with multiplayer, the only worth-while things are online play, which is very faulty right now in terms of poor match-making and replay-value/content, and the new-limited content offered through the GPS events. At this current point in time, i'm only playing online, mostly for the currency multiplier, and formerly the GPS content. This will remain my plan up until the final GPS.)

There's history, but it's mainly because of the characteristics I listed of him already. The guy just straight up harasses me repeatedly and legitimately.. legitimately cannot handle the fact that the game he bashes to no end (literally) does in-fact do numerous things completely and even utterly better than his (new) favorite kart racer. It's worse enough that he tries to provide arguments against actual facts and also attempts downplaying the facts of the unnamed kart racer so that he can argue&defend his favorite kart racer. If you've read most topics lately, you can see how much of a leech he's been on me.

EDIT: As of his recent post, notice the delusion of thinking that game is "god's gift". The game in reference isn't even among my top two favorite kart racers, let alone one of my favorite games of all time.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: LivingInPapaya

LivingInPapaya
4 weeks ago#25
i'm going to take this as a "yes", then
Living through a cycle of nightmares, and they don't fight fair
GT - Vanessa Magick /// PSN - VanessaMagick

User Info: Timic83

Timic83
4 weeks ago#26
Juri-Han posted...
I love the game even for all it's faults.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#27
LightEcoSage posted...
There's history, but it's mainly because of the characteristics I listed of him already. The guy just straight up harasses me repeatedly

Then put him on ignore.

User Info: novelaa

novelaa
4 weeks ago#28
an ok game
could have been way better

User Info: Sonictiger99

Sonictiger99
4 weeks ago#29
SuperDWFan posted...
This game gave us Megumi, so it’s a f***ing 11/10.

Hm?

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#30
^ Megumi's... Too hot or something?
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Happy 1 Month Anniversary!
  • Topic Archived