• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. The worst kind of people to rage quit are ones who play as Digital N Tropy.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#21
Ludacris01 posted...
Digital Tropy or not, all it takes is one item hit and first place is outta the question.

Funny, I can get hit with a dozen items and still come in first.

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
4 weeks ago#22
Ludacris01 posted...

It just so happens that a lot of Digital Tropys are good at avoiding that first item hit in the beginning and can get away in time, but they do get caught from time to time and get screwed.

for me it's the opposite

nearly every Digital Tropy I ever face does not avoid the first item bumrush and gets 3rd at best. Sometimes I do play a really good one, or at least one that knows a particular course well, but that's about it.

Tropy is my most used speed character, but I usually pick his standard skin since I like that one more. That or his green and purple color for the daily dose.
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
4 weeks ago#23
Hypnofeet posted...
Ludacris01 posted...
Digital Tropy or not, all it takes is one item hit and first place is outta the question.

Funny, I can get hit with a dozen items and still come in first.

Sure, if you were the only good player in the room. In my vid, the Oxide and Ami player were dangerously close to my level, and the Ami actually may have been higher. When competing in these kinds of races, 1 item can very easily decide the outcome of the race, esp if it's at a really bad time. The only way you're popping back from that is if they get hit by items too or they f*** up real bad.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
DFFOO: Slinky - 353614568 || Opera Omnia discord link: https://discord.gg/ZQsevtm

User Info: DysonSlinky

DysonSlinky
4 weeks ago#24
Ranticoot posted...
Ludacris01 posted...

It just so happens that a lot of Digital Tropys are good at avoiding that first item hit in the beginning and can get away in time, but they do get caught from time to time and get screwed.

for me it's the opposite

nearly every Digital Tropy I ever face does not avoid the first item bumrush and gets 3rd at best. Sometimes I do play a really good one, or at least one that knows a particular course well, but that's about it.

Tropy is my most used speed character, but I usually pick his standard skin since I like that one more. That or his green and purple color for the daily dose.

You should race me sometime, I'll show you a good digital tropy.
PSN: DysonSlinky (will not accept blank friend requests)
DFFOO: Slinky - 353614568 || Opera Omnia discord link: https://discord.gg/ZQsevtm

User Info: Andreadg89

Andreadg89
4 weeks ago#25
I admit I ragequitted once (Crash Cove), but I got hit by :

Blue orb (6 seconds in the Race)
Two missile (immediatly after)
Was dead eight, got 2 breaker from the crates, managed to return in 5th place and got hit by another blue orb followed by time warp, still 6th
End of lap one, was going to take the shortcut but something hit me (a bomb i guess) and was stuck in the wall, 8th place again
I got uka from the crates, and some one snipes me from behind with red breaker making me lose the mask, and a time warp followed immediatly after.

I just couldn't get anymore, i was frustrated more by the inability to race than the fact that i was losing, it was really instinctive, still not fair I admit. From that race I learned that this type of races happens, you just have to have patience and look forward the next race.
PSN : andreadg89

User Info: SuperDWFan

SuperDWFan
4 weeks ago#26
I only rage quit when Penta Penguin appears in my lobby... <_>
Life makes no sense when fish are gay.

User Info: OmegaDimension

OmegaDimension
4 weeks ago#27
SuperDWFan posted...

So... you dodge every lobby ever? That's a yikes from me.

User Info: RedLotusX

RedLotusX
4 weeks ago#28
Online should be fun, but there some good player out there that completely destroy the rest and when doing online challenge (a dumb thing to put in) other get demoralized and rage quit. As for Platinum N Tropy well the best to do is switch character when rage quitting so people won't notice :)

User Info: OmegaDimension

OmegaDimension
4 weeks ago#29
I've played as Digital N.Tropy but it's obvious I'm not experienced because time trials just require one clear run over multiple attempts. Not to mention, even if you are a master in time trials, random items, clocks and lag could easily cause trouble.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#30
SuperDWFan posted...

... What?
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. The worst kind of people to rage quit are ones who play as Digital N Tropy.
  • Topic Archived