• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Should we be able to race online without weapons?

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
4 weeks ago#41
1Scream1 posted...
A big portion of the CTR fanbase are people that grind on time trials or played the og CTR in a similar fashion. The MK fanbase doesn't really have that nor does MK have the mechanics so it's "odd" for people who play MK to play without items. I sure as hell wouls feel weird and bored.

CTR is a different story. There are more mechanics. I want me a strong lobby with no items without having to add, coordinate and invite each and every player.

That easily isn't true. MK8D, as well as TSR, have more way gameplay mechanics (and features) than CTR:NF, including gameplay stats and gameplay mechanics.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#42
LightEcoSage posted...
MK8D, as well as TSR, have more way gameplay mechanics

Like...?

Oh right, playing follow the leader with glowy trails and swapping around items to build up a broken, spammable team boost. My b. Very deep mechanics.
What doth life?
(message deleted)

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
4 weeks ago#44
SOAD5657 posted...
I don’t understand how “this is a cartoon racer” is an argument against having an option to race without items. If you don’t like it then don’t play it lmao.

One thing is absolutely beyond my understanding. How is it so hard for some people to grasp that having more options isn't always a positive thing. I think people in this thread have adequately explained what the possible negatives of diluting the player base with "just an option" can be.
PSN: ToveriJuri

User Info: Mass_Carrier

Mass_Carrier
4 weeks ago#45
I think the PS4 userbase is easily large enough that splitting the userbase wouldn't make much of a difference. There's more than a million people on the Nitro leaderboards and that number is still climbing. If they enable crossplay, that saves Switch/Xbox as well.
But I think the mode shouldn't just turn off weapons, it should turn off collision as well. Just go full on Trackmania and make it a live Time Trial mode. A set number of minutes to set your best time on a track, then move on.
Not changing sig until Yakuza 5/0/Kiwami 2 are announced for the west - 30/5/2013 | 7/12/2014 | 30/9/2017 => [Success! 6/12/2014 | 5/12/2015 |17/3/2018]

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#46
ToveriJuri posted...
I think people in this thread have adequately explained what the possible negatives of diluting the player base with "just an option" can be.

No they haven't. All they've said is that not a lot of people might use the option, which no one who wants to use the option gives a damn about. It's not like this game has a small playerbase, it has broken franchise records for sales.
What doth life?

User Info: Nextgrandcross

Nextgrandcross
4 weeks ago#47
SpunkySix posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Like...?

Oh right, playing follow the leader with glowy trails and swapping around items to build up a broken, spammable team boost. My b. Very deep mechanics.

Isn't the TSR online communitee already dead or something, game was only relevant for two weeks till this game came.

Despite it also trying to do the whole team mechanic, the game was also just negatively recieved by a lot of folks, can't exactly fault them. Small roster, low amount of tracks, half of which are repeats from previous games, and the game is stale compared to the previous game Transformed which many hail as the best kart racer made.
FC: 3196-4054-9565
Ditto, loudred, lilipup
(message deleted)

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
4 weeks ago#49
Nope

We don’t need to divide the player base

Just let us download ghosts
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#50
Nextgrandcross posted...
SpunkySix posted...
LightEcoSage posted...

Like...?

Isn't the TSR online communitee already dead or something, game was only relevant for two weeks till this game came.

Despite it also trying to do the whole team mechanic, the game was also just negatively recieved by a lot of folks, can't exactly fault them. Small roster, low amount of tracks, half of which are repeats from previous games, and the game is stale compared to the previous game Transformed which many hail as the best kart racer made.

Exactly. TSR was alright, just disappointing and as predicted by almost everyone, the majority switched to CTR once that came out. If TSR didn't get delayed to 'fix' online (And failed, online was worse than CTR's), it might have had a longer life. The team mechanic may have been cool but gets dimished if the CPU's on your team are dumb.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Should we be able to race online without weapons?
  • Topic Archived