• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Should we be able to race online without weapons?

User Info: SOAD5657

SOAD5657
1 month ago#31
Hypnofeet posted...
SOAD5657 posted...
I don’t understand how “this is a cartoon racer” is an argument against having an option to race without items. If you don’t like it then don’t play it lmao.

The option will get old pretty quick. Because people will be complaining that there's no way to stop whoever is in first from speeding around the track.

Then they choose the option to play with items.
GET a load of THIS!!!!!

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
1 month ago#32
SOAD5657 posted...
I don’t understand how “this is a cartoon racer” is an argument against having an option to race without items.

Because it clearly isn't an argument.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
1 month ago#33
SpunkySix posted...
Ludacris01 posted...
Again, Mario Kart has an itemless mode, and it never gets touched.

Not by as many people, but I guarantee there are players that appreciate the very easy to implement option. Why do you care if it makes even a handful of people happy?

There is an option for players to do that now via private lobbies. Just agree not to use items and invite the player.

If we're going to add new features to online, there are higher things on the priority list (eg: Mirror mode online, more players per race, cup implementation, different speed classes similar to how the CPU adjusts their base speed depending on the difficulty).

These are features I'd prefer to see rather than something as niche, and quite frankly, pointless which is what racing with no items is.
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

User Info: AceJay

AceJay
1 month ago#34
I dont care if they do, but alot of the egocentric players are going to run back to items or complain about nerfing boost, when they find out they arent as good as they thought.
"Now you can shoot him in his gizzard and he just walks away laughing at ya', have you ever been shot in the gizzard?"

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#35
Ludacris01 posted...
There is an option for players to do that now via private lobbies. Just agree not to use items and invite the player.

This is a non-response to the issue and you know it.

If we're going to add new features to online, there are higher things on the priority list (eg: Mirror mode online, more players per race, cup implementation, different speed classes similar to how the CPU adjusts their base speed depending on the difficulty).

These are features I'd prefer to see rather than something as niche, and quite frankly, pointless which is what racing with no items is.

"There are more important things, so obviously offering this option can't also happen"

k

Also, who are you to say what style of gameplay is or is not pointless? You're nobody, that's who. If someone wants to play without items online without making a private lobby, you have zero reason to give a s***.
What doth life?

User Info: Juri-Han

Juri-Han
1 month ago#36
Yes, yes, and yes! I understand the weapons give an edge to help catch up but in reality... how most of my online matches go anyways clock and warp orb don't slow down or mess with first the only people it messes with is the people trying to catch first place.

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
1 month ago#37
SpunkySix posted...
Also, who are you to say what style of gameplay is or is not pointless?

Do not question my authority, peasant. My word is gospel.

Begone from my presence
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
1 month ago#38
Ludacris01 posted...
SpunkySix posted...
Also, who are you to say what style of gameplay is or is not pointless?

Do not question my authority, peasant. My word is gospel.

Begone from my presence

RIP me
What doth life?

User Info: DarthSlothrop

DarthSlothrop
1 month ago#39
Hell to the yes.
A screaming comes across the sky....

User Info: 1Scream1

1Scream1
1 month ago#40
A big portion of the CTR fanbase are people that grind on time trials or played the og CTR in a similar fashion. The MK fanbase doesn't really have that nor does MK have the mechanics so it's "odd" for people who play MK to play without items. I sure as hell wouls feel weird and bored.

CTR is a different story. There are more mechanics. I want me a strong lobby with no items without having to add, coordinate and invite each and every player.
PSN: Crashh182
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Should we be able to race online without weapons?
  • Topic Archived