• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Should we be able to race online without weapons?

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#21
LightEcoSage posted...
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has a much better Battle Mode

Remember that it took them a re-release to even have battle arenas at all, so that means that to even access battle mode in MK8, it could cost a person who bought the U version $120.

Secondly, I clearly said race modes, which this game clearly doesn't have.

It has more available to you than the game you sold, seeing as you sold it and can't play it anymore.
What doth life?

User Info: LightEcoSage

LightEcoSage
4 weeks ago#22
SpunkySix posted...
Remember that it took them a re-release to even have battle arenas at all, so that means that to even access battle mode in MK8, it could cost a person who bought the U version $120.

Which doesn't include everyone, making your pointless argument flawed. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe still has a better Battle Mode, which is the point.

It has more available to you than the game you sold, seeing as you sold it and can't play it anymore.

That's objectively incorrect, both across story and online mode, and that doesn't even include actual features like Grand Prix and Mirror Mode. But I do love your desperate attempt at bringing up that specific game, which you do all the time, so that you have a reason to cause a naturally redundant and petty argument with me, for the third to fourth time this weekend, even though your false information is 100% wrong. There is literally not a single truth in your comment. But "you're so dishonest!". Irony.
Factually, Mewtwo is not evil nor a villain; and Shadow the Hedgehog is officially the #2 most popular Sonic the Hedgehog character.

User Info: PolarisCastillo

PolarisCastillo
4 weeks ago#23
I'm actually surprised at how many people are voting No. I'm a bit torn on the subject myself, but I voted Yes. It's mostly curiosity, as I've had so many moments where I've had such great, clean races that were ruined by getting bombarded by back-to-back items without any breathing room and wounding up in 8th place after staying on top for so long.

User Info: Ranticoot

Ranticoot
4 weeks ago#24
i wouldn't mind it. i'd be more interested if instead of just an on/off switch for items, they put in a full item toggle like battle mode has, obviously this would be a huge pain with randoms but it would be good to put in for local play and private lobbies

now personally, i think items, as incredibly unbalanced and many times frustrating they can be, can be pretty fun. mario kart with no items to me is pretty boring.
Born to lose, live to win!

User Info: Ludacris01

Ludacris01
4 weeks ago#25
Again, Mario Kart has an itemless mode, and it never gets touched.

Most of you people haven't thought this through.
"that ambipom is on crack" - Lemonz89
Friend Safari: Steel (Mawile; Forretress; Excadrill)

User Info: Wiatowski

Wiatowski
4 weeks ago#26
I like the idea.

I find if you can get into the lead and because everyone behind you is battling that that is why you see the leader sometimes so out of reach. Not to mention I've been in first and have gotten masks and boosts... I've also been in last and gotten boxes and bottles. This didn't happen in the original which lead to tighter races.

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#27
What do people hope to achieve with races without items? An easy win? Nope. This is still a skill based racing game. That one who can maintain boosts and get ahead is still going to win. Items are there to slow people down. People just need to use their weapons more effectively.

Again, this is still a cartoon racer. Items being there is the point. It's the same for Mario Kart, Sonic Racing, Wacky Races, Toy Story Racer etc.

User Info: SOAD5657

SOAD5657
4 weeks ago#28
I don’t understand how “this is a cartoon racer” is an argument against having an option to race without items. If you don’t like it then don’t play it lmao.
GET a load of THIS!!!!!

User Info: Hypnofeet

Hypnofeet
4 weeks ago#29
SOAD5657 posted...
I don’t understand how “this is a cartoon racer” is an argument against having an option to race without items. If you don’t like it then don’t play it lmao.

The option will get old pretty quick. Because people will be complaining that there's no way to stop whoever is in first from speeding around the track.

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
4 weeks ago#30
Ludacris01 posted...
Again, Mario Kart has an itemless mode, and it never gets touched.

Not by as many people, but I guarantee there are players that appreciate the very easy to implement option. Why do you care if it makes even a handful of people happy?
What doth life?
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Should we be able to race online without weapons?
  • Topic Archived