• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. 8th place bubble shields.

User Info: NocturnalLight

NocturnalLight
4 weeks ago#1
So, I've been testing the item distribution and this is absurd!
What in the hell is 8th suppose to do with this?
Received this a total of 3 times in 10 races.
That may sound low, but that's 3 too many!

User Info: hanautaBOB

hanautaBOB
4 weeks ago#2
Well, you gotta touch the Melenium artifact so the ancient spirit can use it's devine powers to outrun everyone...

In all seriousness, you should try to be juiced up, so you can carry tge blue shield and get another item...

Even in 8th a clock can hit you but not if you have a shield...

User Info: CODwiiiVIP123

CODwiiiVIP123
4 weeks ago#3
hanautaBOB posted...
Well, you gotta touch the Melenium artifact so the ancient spirit can use it's devine powers to outrun everyone...

In all seriousness, you should try to be juiced up, so you can carry tge blue shield and get another item...

Even in 8th a clock can hit you but not if you have a shield...

That really is bull****, the way the item needs to work is that it'll only affect drivers ahead of you and also stay in effect longer the closer you are to 1st.
3DS FC: 4596-9726-4489

hanautaBOB
4 weeks ago#4
CODwiiiVIP123 posted...
That is bull****, it should only affect drivers ahead of you and also stay in effect longer the closer you are to 1st.

As long as it isn't gonna increase duration by distance to the user, I could live with that...

Imagine being stuck in slow motion for a minute because you get clocked by a troll that voluntarily stays behind for item spamming...

User Info: CODwiiiVIP123

CODwiiiVIP123
4 weeks ago#5
hanautaBOB posted...
CODwiiiVIP123 posted...
That is bull****, it should only affect drivers ahead of you and also stay in effect longer the closer you are to 1st.

As long as it isn't gonna increase duration by distance to the user, I could live with that...

Imagine being stuck in slow motion for a minute because you get clocked by a troll that voluntarily stays behind for item spamming...

What I meant was that the person in 1st will be affected by the clock the longest whereas racers in the lower places like 5th and 6th won't be affected nearly as long (like how the lightning bolt works in Mario Kart).
3DS FC: 4596-9726-4489

hanautaBOB
4 weeks ago#6
CODwiiiVIP123 posted...
What I meant was that the person in 1st will be affected by the clock the longest whereas racers in the lower places like 5th and 6th won't be affected nearly as long (like how the lightning bolt works in Mario Kart).

I got that, that scenario is fine.

My "new" scenario however would be crap, but I know how crappy things can get if Devs are re-balance stuff.

Worst I recall was Battleborn, that had single player/Co-op PvE and also PvP Multiplayer... their fixes weren't separated though.

So, whenever they changed up stuff because they tried to balance PvP, PvE suffered under it, because some status effects and augmentation on skills wouldn't make sense against 98% of the AI opponents and a lot of the good stuff was nerfed because it was deemed too OP for PvP.

The devs seemingly were listening to whoever cried the loudest, and made many characters suck ass in PvE thanks to it, which I liked to play sp and cooperatively with my friends.

User Info: AsIfByMagic

AsIfByMagic
4 weeks ago#7
Anyway, invincibility is great for catching up. Immunity from clocks and the ability to take out anyone you go into a corner at the same time as is great

User Info: Vayu_The_End

Vayu_The_End
4 weeks ago#8
Wait, everyone is affected by the clock EQUALLY?
That's so dumb...
We are now in the era of Spngebob:
Get ready for Battle for Bikini Bottom remake.

User Info: Turbokk

Turbokk
4 weeks ago#9
Clock doesn't effect everyone equally. I just had a race and while i was stuck in clock time 3 racers drove past me in normal time.

hanautaBOB
4 weeks ago#10
Turbokk posted...
Clock doesn't effect everyone equally. I just had a race and while i was stuck in clock time 3 racers drove past me in normal time.

There are a few reasons why this happened.

-One of them probably used the clock
-One might have hit an item, if your kart is still bouncing about the clock doesn't affect you
-They recovered after falling off stage
-They had a mask that wasn't quite over before the clock
-They had a shield when the clock hit

The only difference in how long the clock affects you is if the user has 10 Wumpas or not... juiced up it will last longer.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. 8th place bubble shields.
  • Topic Archived