You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Anyone else feeling like giving up on grand prix?

User Info: serpentaurus

serpentaurus
6 days ago#1
It is a chore and not worth imo.

Most top placing people are cheating and the daily challenges are just mindless grinding.

I basically gave up after week 1 and sitting now at like 27000 with no intention of playing the gane anymore due to how stupid waste of time the GP is.
Now playing: Overwatch, MK11, CTR:NF, DQ11

User Info: Megatronus83

Megatronus83
6 days ago#2
I'm at rank 45 and all I do is is the daily/weeklies... why give up?

User Info: Bahamut_Shin

Bahamut_Shin
6 days ago#3
Megatronus83 posted...
I'm at rank 45 and all I do is is the daily/weeklies... why give up?

being "force" (note the quotes) to play daily can be tedius and grindy
some people have limited spare time, not everyone wants to play the same game daily with their little time they have for 24 days.
* I don't speak english!! * Fc: 0018-3472-8988
Star Fox: Danse Danse https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8281067008/hE56769EA/

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
6 days ago#4
Yeah I'll probably just fill up the gold tier bar and call it a day. It's too much effort and all the no-lifers using turbo controllers already ruined the balance of the ranking.

User Info: Elgregou

Elgregou
6 days ago#5
DUBTuner posted...
Yeah I'll probably just fill up the gold tier bar and call it a day. It's too much effort and all the no-lifers using turbo controllers already ruined the balance of the ranking.

That's why the online will pretty much die on this game sooner as we can expect. The Blue Flame mechanic is totally ruining the online balance. They should get rid of it, or find something to counterbalance this problem.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: LonelyGoomba

LonelyGoomba
6 days ago#6
I mean, no.

It doesn't seem too hard to get in the top 5%. The challenges are kinda eh. But can just play online which is still fun
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba

User Info: 1Scream1

1Scream1
6 days ago#7
LonelyGoomba posted...
I mean, no.

It doesn't seem too hard to get in the top 5%. The challenges are kinda eh. But can just play online which is still fun

This. I maybe "grinded" the first weekend but after that, simply playing online for a little bit each day and doing 1 time trial boosts the meter considerably. On weekends I spend time playing online anyway which is how I made top 2% currently on championship so I'm basically all set. No need to force anything.
PSN: Crashh182

User Info: ox0shadow0xo

ox0shadow0xo
6 days ago#8
I'm not "giving up" per se, but I am tired of doing the exact same thing every day to complete the challenges. But I already knew I would get burned out in the first week when the challenges were pretty much the same each day.

I've actually started skipping challenges that I'm tired of repeating. My rank gets lower every day, but I'm still in the top 3% of the nitro board simply because of the sheer amount of people that join the leaderboard each day.
PSN - NoxObscuras

User Info: SammyDeerzie

SammyDeerzie
6 days ago#9
Elgregou posted...
DUBTuner posted...

That's why the online will pretty much die on this game sooner as we can expect. The Blue Flame mechanic is totally ruining the online balance. They should get rid of it, or find something to counterbalance this problem.

I wouldn't go that far. I think the mechanic itself can be a good one for what it does. I just think it's overtuned for what it is. It has an obvious skill gap and does add an element of challenge and risk vs reward that makes for a fun and invigorating experience.

But it definitly rewards people way too much. And the people it rewards who are already good at the game to begin with only get a much better payoff which seems a bit ridiculous.

You can have a mechanic like this reward players without making the skill gap so high. It'd help if items were better for usage on that.
Elgregou posted...
DUBTuner posted...

@Elgregou

How is the blue flame mechanic ruining the online balance?

Cause you can’t do it?

Lmao
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Anyone else feeling like giving up on grand prix?