• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Oh... So I guess that's that then. And here I thought I'd actually get Tropy

User Info: sacman64

sacman64
4 weeks ago#121
Hahahahaha oh f***ing A... One of the most forgiving times to beat my ass. If and only if the game decides I'm going to drift/boost properly on the shortcut I still only make it half the time because the angle/distance to jump for it sucks and even then Tropy is still right on top of me through the rest of the race.

I know I'll get it but I felt the need to update/rage while attempting it.

User Info: Apocalypse4seer

Apocalypse4seer
4 weeks ago#122
Don't give up man!!!! Sacman Sacman Sacman SAcman SACMAN SACMAN!!!!
FC:4682-8632-4889
PSN:DeathForeseen

sacman64
4 weeks ago#123
Oh I'm not giving up. I'm just raging over the bulls*** luck/apparent lack of skill I don't have to make that skip consistently.

Yes I've gotten better at this game since this thread started on Cortex Castle but holy s***. Either I've just been getting ultra lucky or there's something seriously wrong with my controller/this game and input lag because I'm quite let rally dropping hops and drifts for seemingly no reason at all.

Edit: Finally done!

https://youtu.be/BpJyT3AHEpM

User Info: LordGhalleon

LordGhalleon
4 weeks ago#124
Congratulations !
So you've got Tropy now ? Good job !
Wonderful thread btw. Cortex Castle was the hardest for me too, Oxide station excepted (I still can't do it)

A well deserved victory !!

sacman64
4 weeks ago#125
LordGhalleon posted...
Congratulations !
Wonderful thread btw. Cortex Castle was the hardest for me too, Oxide station excepted (I still can't do it)

I do indeed have Tropy now. An achievement I never thought I'd accomplish. And yet here I am quite happy to never touch another time trial ever again. (Sorry Oxide, there's just no way.)

User Info: Olliexlifts

Olliexlifts
4 weeks ago#126
Do it as coco, acceleration characters can make that air turn so much easier. USF maintenance helps but I didn’t keep it for long and still managed it. I actually beat tropy with a sub oxide time also it’s easier than you think once you get the hang of the track. Acceleration characters are a lot easier to do most of these oxide challenges if you’re not ridiculous at the game bar a few tracks. Keep at it tho I spent 3 days doing dragon mines non stop and finally got it, you can do it!

User Info: YattaRX8

YattaRX8
4 weeks ago#127
It's amazing how impossible things seem when you first start playing the game. But then how quickly those seemingly impossible things become possible and even easy at a point when you actually strive to improve
http://i.imgur.com/wUDbB3O.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZMxzLso.jpg

User Info: LordGhalleon

LordGhalleon
4 weeks ago#128
I agree with your observation. I always thought I was quite s***ty at this game, and though I'm still far from being good, I never thought I would be able to beat Tropy on every track but one (and beat some Oxide times without really trying, as well).

There's still a lot of room for improvement, as I rarely finish first in online races, but I've been getting a place on the podium more & more lately.

This game can get very technical, but the feeling of improvement is definitely there.

User Info: YattaRX8

YattaRX8
4 weeks ago#129
Honestly, the biggest problem with people in games, especially online multiplayer games, is that they assume just by playing the game they'll get better. And while that's true to an extent, your progress will be substantially slower than if you consciously improve on your shortcomings.

In this game, for instance, you need to notice that you're dropping blue fire at the same place almost every time. And once you notice that you can consciously try different lines before that point to see if you can get more boosts in to maintain it. Or purposely take inferior lines before a turn you always hit a wall on to line you up better for the harder turn. Etc
http://i.imgur.com/wUDbB3O.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ZMxzLso.jpg

User Info: Apocalypse4seer

Apocalypse4seer
3 weeks ago#130
sacman64 posted...
LordGhalleon posted...
Congratulations !

I do indeed have Tropy now. An achievement I never thought I'd accomplish. And yet here I am quite happy to never touch another time trial ever again. (Sorry Oxide, there's just no way.)

Pic! Pic! Pic!!!! Yay!!!
FC:4682-8632-4889
PSN:DeathForeseen
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Oh... So I guess that's that then. And here I thought I'd actually get Tropy
  • Topic Archived