• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Oh... So I guess that's that then. And here I thought I'd actually get Tropy

User Info: sacman64

sacman64
4 weeks ago#101
Yeah, I've heard that I need to hold USF for all of Tiny Temple once I pick it up. The size of the road has me feeling like it can't be too difficult but that is a lot of quick reaction timing for quite a while so we will see. That won't be for another few days though. (Been doing one a day cuz of the Nitro Points)

sacman64
4 weeks ago#102
Small update: Inferno Island and Jungle Boogie both complete. Took all of two runs to finish. (One to get the ghost, another to beat the ghost)

sacman64
4 weeks ago#103
Well I've finished all CNK tracks up to Tiny Temple which I'll be attempting today. Any tips on keeping USF all the way through? I was thinking of using accel but is turning maybe better?

User Info: Apocalypse4seer

Apocalypse4seer
4 weeks ago#104
sacman64 posted...
Well I've finished all CNK tracks up to Tiny Temple which I'll be attempting today. Any tips on keeping USF all the way through? I was thinking of using accel but is turning maybe better?

I always used speed, but I would hit the box to put fire on left. Boost all through lap 1 to build reserves, hit the pad to the left after the wires, keep building reserves up to the usf pad and then continuously drift/boost with usf. If I wasn't going too fast, I was able to hit the lil side ramp after the electric wires and keep going. Seems we def use different stats/racers, but I hope this gives you some idea.
Keep boosting and also take the rap at the start with USF, so you don't accidentally get toasted and lose it.
FC:4682-8632-4889
PSN:DeathForeseen

User Info: ssjgohhku

ssjgohhku
4 weeks ago#105
Nice to see your personal blogfaqs constantly getting new updates.

sacman64
4 weeks ago#106
Annnnd done! It was quite frustrating at first but I managed to keep the USF past that first ramp, and with all the air time you get from the jumps it wasn't that difficult to keep under control! Video coming soon!

User Info: Cloudflier

Cloudflier
4 weeks ago#107
Jathic posted...
Nabinator posted...
The reward of Tropy itself is hardly anything, TC. It's just a skin at best. The true reward is becoming a much better player. As corny as that sounds, my point is, keep trying. Look up the advanced mechanics, learn to master them. Tropy is just one step.

The true treasure was not the reward, but the bonds we made along the way.

I just knew someone was going to reply with this when I saw that post.
Common sense - isn't.
3DS Friend Code: 2234 - 7147 - 9808

User Info: Apocalypse4seer

Apocalypse4seer
3 weeks ago#108
sacman64 posted...
Annnnd done! It was quite frustrating at first but I managed to keep the USF past that first ramp, and with all the air time you get from the jumps it wasn't that difficult to keep under control! Video coming soon!

Nice man!!
FC:4682-8632-4889
PSN:DeathForeseen

sacman64
3 weeks ago#109
Thanks @Apocalypse4seer

Here's my run.

https://youtu.be/HyTdz7gRq9w

User Info: SpunkySix

SpunkySix
3 weeks ago#110
Watching that made me hate life.
What doth life?
  1. Boards
  2. Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
  3. Oh... So I guess that's that then. And here I thought I'd actually get Tropy
  • Topic Archived