• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Hades
  3. Anyone try this yet?

User Info: spiritomolto

spiritomolto
1 year ago#1
Out in early access on the Epic Games store. I'll probably play it for a bit later today.

Looks pretty interesting, and the action seems to be a step up for Supergiant, from the little I've seen anyway. I'm expecting great things from the art and audio departments, as usual.
I'm going to try this sometime this weekend.
Kitanai Ningen - Zamasu 2016
"To be honest, Ginyu himself doesn't have very many moves." - Tomoko Hiroki, DBFZ producer.

User Info: sathitsak

sathitsak
1 year ago#3
Already brought it, right now the content span about 3-4 hours (27 rooms) with an insane end-of-content boss which require you to grind a lot of upgrade-point(extra 4-5 hours) unless you are pretty good with the game. The game follows traditional rough like the game where you run in random maze collect skill point to upgrade. An in-game announcement said that next update will come around 4-5 weeks. The story and lore still same as their previous game. I think the game construct like their previous game transistor, with rough like element.

User Info: LN7011

LN7011
1 year ago#4
It's a fun roguelike. I suppose you could compare it to Enter the Gungeon / Diablo 3.

I'm enjoying it so far, but the difficulty ramps up hard in Act II.

The characters are interesting. Chatting with them adds to the atmosphere.

Here's a video if you want to check out the game.
https://youtu.be/PZJfStw15tg

spiritomolto
1 year ago#5
I played for a couple hours over the weekend. It took a while to get accustomed to the combat, which tends to be the case for Supergiant games, I find. And yeah, pretty major difficulty spike once you leave Tartarus.

I really like the characters and atmosphere; I feel in this way the game draws/builds a bit on Pyre, which being my favourite of the dev's games I really like to see. It's nice to have a somewhat larger cast of friendly characters.

It shares some of the complaints I have with their other games, mainly the pretty low number of enemy types which means a bit of a lack of variety in combat encounters, but I'm still having a lot of fun. Also while this may not be saying too much, I think the first boss fight (Megaera?) was perhaps the best out Supergiant's up until now. I guess this shouldn't be too unexpected because the action is such a major step up, being much more the focus now.

Well, I'll continue playing and awaiting future updates. :)
The black dog runs at night.

User Info: CoachTravis

CoachTravis
1 year ago#6
It's a standard rogue like, meaning you have to restart from the very beginning every time you die, right? Just wondering, because it's tough to find information on the game without watching playthroughs of it, and I'd prefer to read about it rather than just watch the whole thing to figure out what I want to know. Anyway, I've enjoyed all previous games from Supergiant, but I can't stand rogue likes, so if it does force you to restart every time, with no progress carried over at all, I think it's a hard pass for me.

User Info: BasedSquall

BasedSquall
1 year ago#7
CoachTravis posted...
It's a standard rogue like, meaning you have to restart from the very beginning every time you die, right? Just wondering, because it's tough to find information on the game without watching playthroughs of it, and I'd prefer to read about it rather than just watch the whole thing to figure out what I want to know. Anyway, I've enjoyed all previous games from Supergiant, but I can't stand rogue likes, so if it does force you to restart every time, with no progress carried over at all, I think it's a hard pass for me.

You restart every time, but unlock upgrades and new weapons that you get to keep. You can also upgrade your chances to get rarer moves and buffs. Honestly, I've beaten the current game like 5 times, ran the dungeon like 60 times, and I haven't gotten bored yet. Restarting doesn't feel annoying at all. With all the upgrades I've gotten I have certain runs where my character is broken with damage, but it's always a new random build. You pretty much have to change your play style each run depending on what weapon your using, and the upgrades you get to choose from. After you give a god or npc a gift, they'll give you an item that you can equip at the start of a run. For example, I gave Artemis a gift and got an item that allows me to choose to get her upgrades first in the dungeon. Getting these items significantly starts to make your runs better and you start to discover way more crazy builds. I'm not even a rouge like fan, but I think this game does it right.
Psn wutangclan939

spiritomolto
1 year ago#8
Yeah, I've found that restarting doesn't feel very frustrating. Play styles change quite a lot and it's pretty generous with permanent upgrades as well.
The black dog runs at night.

User Info: CoachTravis

CoachTravis
1 year ago#9
That sounds quite a bit like Dead Cells, which I hated. My problem is, build variety or not, the simple fact that I have to redo everything if I die, just isn't enjoyable in any way for me. Like, if I beat one boss but then die sometime afterwards, having to fight that boss all over just isn't appealing to me at all. I really wish this trend would stop, because I hate needless repetition in games. I'd rather have more content, but without repetition, than have very little content stretched out because you have to redo the same thing over and over again.

User Info: mmx4

mmx4
1 year ago#10
CoachTravis posted...
That sounds quite a bit like Dead Cells, which I hated. My problem is, build variety or not, the simple fact that I have to redo everything if I die, just isn't enjoyable in any way for me. Like, if I beat one boss but then die sometime afterwards, having to fight that boss all over just isn't appealing to me at all. I really wish this trend would stop, because I hate needless repetition in games. I'd rather have more content, but without repetition, than have very little content stretched out because you have to redo the same thing over and over again.

Sounds like Roguelikes aren't for you, then. Sorry, mate.

Anyway, what weapon have the rest of you found the most fun to use? I love the bow, it gives me comfort being able to do solid damage from a good distance away. Deflecting stuff by throwing the shield thanks to an upgrade I got from Athena is fun, too.
You will refer to me as Zeke Von Genbu! Or Zeke! Or The Zekenator!
What the hell's a Zekenator, anyway?
  1. Boards
  2. Hades
  3. Anyone try this yet?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A