• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. For fun - Design a rainbow ISO that can only be used by a certain character

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#1
So one of my favorite features of XML2 was the equipment that could only be used by 1 character. This equipment was earned in the character's challenge mission, and it could not be equipped by any other character. For example, Colossus had equipment called 'Regenerative Plating,' and Iceman had equipment called 'Cryogenic Booster'.

It seems like maybe they were going to do something similar for MUA1 (because they had a piece of equipment that seemed to be designed for Spider-Man, called 'Spider's Bite', and piece that seemed to be for Captain America called 'Super Soldier Serum'), but ended up changing plans and tying the equipment to the bosses rather than the playable roster (i.e., most bosses drop a certain piece of equipment).

IMO, it would be fun in this new game (MUA3) if they were to have something similar -- i.e., a rainbow ISO that can only be used by one character, and has benefits that are fitting to that character. Rather than having these drop randomly in the game, they could maybe sell them in the SHIELD depot. If the ISOs were really useful, they could make them extremely expensive, so you'd have to work awhile to get the tokens.

Anyway, I thought it would be fun to come up with ideas for these, even though it will probably not be in the game. The idea is to give 2 benefits, since a rainbow ISO has two.

I'll start off since I did the thread. Here's a few suggestions:

Colossus
  • Increase damage resistance by 45% [Like having 3 of those green ISOs]
  • Increase Energy stat by 50% [So he can do his armor move for a long time]

Magneto
  • Reduces damage taken while guarding by 80% [This would give him more of a true force field]
  • Increases damage done to enemies by 50%

Thor
  • Increases heavy attack damage by 100% [This would make his hammer throw devastating]
  • Increase duration of electric shock by 3 seconds

Spider-Man
  • Decrease # of attacks needed to inflict status effect by 90% [Allows him to easily bind elites]
  • Decreases damage taken while attacking by 45% [Simulates his spider-sense; he is dodging]

User Info: Kevintrovert

Kevintrovert
4 weeks ago#2
Wolverine
- basic attacks bypass the stagger gauge.

- increase movement speed by 50%.
I am neither Kevin nor introvert! I am Kevintrovert! And i will always be...alone.

User Info: grumpyduckling

grumpyduckling
4 weeks ago#3
Wolverine
1) bleed damage
2) attacks faster when Xtreme gauge is full (like a frenzy)

Nightcrawler
1) tail passively attacks enemies within 5 meters
2) envelops Nightcrawler in shadows for 3 seconds after a teleport, rendering him invisible to enemies

User Info: Sonic515

Sonic515
4 weeks ago#4
Captain marvel increase awakening time

User Info: Qushu92

Qushu92
4 weeks ago#5
(Hulk)
-Increases attack 50% per enemy killed (stacks up to x100, madder he gets the stronger he gets)
-Health regenerates 15% per melee hit (he's the Hulk, he should already regenerate)

(Scarlet Witch)
-Disaster Field has a random chance of completely erasing non-boss enemies
-Calamity Spheres will sometimes split into more orbs if they kill an enemy and target other enemies

(Thanos)
-Immune to stagger
-Increased area of effect for attacks
Yooooo Peoples!
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Kevintrovert

Kevintrovert
4 weeks ago#6
Iron-man
- uni beam becomes usable while airborne.

- increase unibeam damage by 100% while airborne.
I am neither Kevin nor introvert! I am Kevintrovert! And i will always be...alone.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: MarvelFireBird

MarvelFireBird
3 weeks ago#7
@Qushu92

I had actually thought about that a couple of times this week. Hulk is never given health regeneration in any of the games I have played. However, that is one of his abilities. I gave him one Iso-8 in this game for that sole purpose as he should have that by default.

As for my Iso-8:

Storm
-Increased area of effect for attacks
-Wind damage is added to attacks

Hawkeye
-Tracking added to arrows with the ability attribute
-Poison added to basic attacks

Magneto
-Crushing damage added to attacks with the ability attribute
-Basic attacks add a magnetic shield that gives 3% reflective damage

Psylocke
-Attacks with an ability attribute have a 13.0% chance to cause confusion, disrupting enemy moves.
-3% Mental damage added to basic attacks

User Info: Metlmeta

Metlmeta
3 weeks ago#8
Is the idea here that the ISO-8 should be effects that are already in the game (increase damage to enemies, increase energy, etc...) or are you open to effects that don't yet exist, such as something like "chance to reflect some damage"?

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
3 weeks ago#9
Metlmeta posted...
Is the idea here that the ISO-8 should be effects that are already in the game (increase damage to enemies, increase energy, etc...) or are you open to effects that don't yet exist, such as something like "chance to reflect some damage"?

My original idea for the thread was to limit to stuff that would not require a new animation or game mechanic, but something that could be accomplished by changing the value of a number, or by cutting and pasting something from elsewhere in the game. In other words, to keep away from designing a whole new move for the character.

For example, because of her awesome Binary buff after an extreme, I would like to give Carol Danvers an ISO like this:

• +100% duration of buff after extreme (normally 18 seconds, now 36 seconds)
  • +75% damage with energy attacks (to make her beam stronger)

User Info: Just_Juleo88

Just_Juleo88
6 days ago#10
Captain Marvel:
- Increase the duration by 100% of boosts/ buffs
- Doubles the damage of ranged attacks

Storm:
- doubles the duration of paralysis on enemies
- doubles the durayion of freeze effect on enemies

Psylocke
- Adds a 34% chance to confuse enemies on every attack
- increases attack speed after extreme
Sw-5453-2440-1729
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. For fun - Design a rainbow ISO that can only be used by a certain character
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers