• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: drwize

drwize
3 weeks ago#1
Given the lack of DLC, news, and any real interest from Nintendo/Marvel, I wonder if this game is done once they release the FF4 and Xmen pack. I was expecting a price cut of some sort on Black Friday to move more units but I don't see MUA 3 on sale anywhere.

Most people who played the game at launch have moved onto other games. Lol at trying to find games online except for peak peak gamer hours. I enjoy it as a dumb fun game with friends, but even now my friends rather turn on Mario Kart, Smash, or, wait for it, RE 5!
Florida Gators: 1996,2006&2008 National Football Champions!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Leqesai

Leqesai
3 weeks ago#2
It is typical of Team Ninja to do this sort of thing. They release a new product, give it some content, then go silent for long periods of time before releasing the next big thing.

User Info: Yoshimo_irl

Yoshimo_irl
3 weeks ago#3
This is how all video games used to be. Its as "dead" as your will to play it is. Just because some marketer isn't being payed to shill it, it shouldn't impact your current enjoyment. Its not a live service game and never was.
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
3 weeks ago#4
They promised 1 alternate costume for every character, and so far they have released 7. So unless they plan to go back on that promise, they still have 44 costumes to release, in addition to the 2 packs of DLC characters. They seem to be releasing the costumes in groups of about 4 at a time.

So unless they suddenly start giving 20 costumes at once, that means that there are a lot more updates coming for this game, and that Team Ninja must have a team of employees (even assuming that the size of the team is significantly smaller than it was for the base game) working full-time on content for this game. Just because they are silent about it doesn't mean it's not coming. Heck, it's not even 100% certain that they won't throw in one more free character while they give away all these costumes.

The online for the game may in fact be dead, simply because (as you say) games have a certain lifespan, and people move on to other games. Personally, I never played the game once online, and find the game fun playing solo.

Both the online action and this board should pick up a bit when they release the X-Men pack, I would think. A lot of people who have stopped playing will return to try out that pack. Same goes for the FF pack.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: TheGman

TheGman
3 weeks ago#5
Yoshimo_irl posted...
This is how all video games used to be. Its as "dead" as your will to play it is. Just because some marketer isn't being payed to shill it, it shouldn't impact your current enjoyment. Its not a live service game and never was.

Let's not act like back in the day video games this mediocre wouldn't be berated.

This was pathetic

User Info: Metlmeta

Metlmeta
3 weeks ago#6
TheGman posted...
Let's not act like back in the day video games this mediocre wouldn't be berated.

This was pathetic
I've really been enjoying this game and playing it a ton. There's a lot of nuance in gameplay that's easy to ignore and dismiss. I'm still really excited to see what they have in store in the next few updates!

User Info: kevin804635

kevin804635
3 weeks ago#7
I didn't get my invite to the funeral.

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
3 weeks ago#8
Metlmeta posted...
I've really been enjoying this game and playing it a ton. There's a lot of nuance in gameplay that's easy to ignore and dismiss. I'm still really excited to see what they have in store in the next few updates!

Agreed on all this.

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
3 weeks ago#9
TheGman posted...
Yoshimo_irl posted...

This was pathetic

What did he even say that implied that? He said nothing about the game's quality. He's just stating that it's not one of those Mobile phone or Free to play games which are updated every 3 months for the sole purpose of shilling a season pass.

Considering how goddamn whiny this board has become though, I'm guessing that peeps are happy to buy over priced $39.99 season passes 4 times a year rather than just the base retail price lol.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com

User Info: HopesPeak

HopesPeak
3 weeks ago#10
drwize posted...
I was expecting a price cut of some sort on Black Friday to move more units but I don't see MUA 3 on sale anywhere.

I was expecting that too since it's not a real Nintendo game. I'm guessing that since Nintendo did publish it, that they consider it as a Nintendo game anyway. A pity, I would've finally bought it were it on sale for half off or less coz I still haven't bought this game. $60 is just too much.
I had no prob paying $60 for Fire Emblem Three Houses, Link's Awakening, Daemon X Machina, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, etc. but all of those games actually look last gen, which is better than looking like a mobile game.

Lol at trying to find games online except for peak peak gamer hours. I enjoy it as a dumb fun game with friends, but even now my friends rather turn on Mario Kart, Smash, or, wait for it, RE 5!

Is RE5 or ReE6 active on Switch? I gave up on Mario Kart & Smash online. Smash's online is just the most broken laggy crap I've ever seen. Mario Kart kept making me lose points coz the connection randomly drops every 5 matches. Nintendo just really sucks at online. I know it's a Nintendo problem coz 3rd party Switch games like Overwatch have way better online, making me wonder why the hell Nintendo can't deliver as smooth an online experience on their own damn system.
http://www.paradisehotel51.com
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers