• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Metlmeta

Metlmeta
1 month ago#1
No news for any upcoming game today from Marvel Minute. Does anyone know what events are coming up for Marvel where they would be encouraged to announce something?

User Info: kevin804635

kevin804635
1 month ago#2
Mark my words: we'll only see the announcement of the new pack on release day in the form of a tweet or a Nintendo eShop ad. I'm predicting all stealth drops from here on out.

User Info: Metlmeta

Metlmeta
1 month ago#3
kevin804635 posted...
Mark my words: we'll only see the announcement of the new pack on release day in the form of a tweet or a Nintendo eShop ad. I'm predicting all stealth drops from here on out.
I'm excited to see if they truly go this route or not.

User Info: Ascue

Ascue
1 month ago#4
I have this awful feeling that they’re putting this game aside and focusing on their upcoming Avengers game, which looks terrible lol. I hope this isn’t true. From the gameplay they released, I don’t think that game will sell well.

IMO this is the game they should be pushing.

User Info: Sticky_Derp

Sticky_Derp
1 month ago#5
Ascue posted...
I have this awful feeling that they’re putting this game aside and focusing on their upcoming Avengers game, which looks terrible lol. I hope this isn’t true. From the gameplay they released, I don’t think that game will sell well.

Nobody affiliated with this game is working on the Avengers game
https://youtu.be/MvYApd_X3aU

User Info: kevin804635

kevin804635
1 month ago#6
Sticky_Derp posted...
I don't wanna put words in Ascue's mouth, but I think they might have been talking about from a marketing perspective rather than development. If I'm not mistaken, that falls mostly on Marvel Games to decide when to make announcements and such.

User Info: Ascue

Ascue
1 month ago#7
kevin804635 posted...
Sticky_Derp posted...
I don't wanna put words in Ascue's mouth, but I think they might have been talking about from a marketing perspective rather than development. If I'm not mistaken, that falls mostly on Marvel Games to decide when to make announcements and such.

This

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
1 month ago#8
Ascue posted...

The Square-Enix Avengers game does not look very promising so far. It seems like they want it to be another huge hit like the Spider-Man PS4 game. The character moves shown in the gameplay look fun, but I wonder how much variety there will be, if the game ends up having less than 10 playable characters (they promised more characters, but considering the graphics I doubt the roster will be very big). I suppose you could point to Arkham City as an excellent superhero game with only a handful of playable characters, though.

As others have said before, I think the reason they stopped marketing MUA3 is because marketing something = trying to sell it, and they already sold it. I think they figure that the majority of sales already happened in July and August. This game has a pretty small potential market -- customers who own a Switch, or are willing to buy a Switch, who really like Marvel, and who enjoy a style of gameplay that is deliberately retro (the game is trying to recapture the feel of MUA1 from 2006).

It's a shame that they don't communicate more frequently about what's coming up next (characters in the packs, upcoming alternate costumes), but as long as the expansion pass is of good quality, it's okay. My concern is not whether they will communicate, but whether the characters in the expansion pass will continue to be of good quality (i.e., at least some unique moves and not just a bunch of copy and paste; some good thought put into them). In my opinion the 4 characters in the MK pack were well done, and I'm hoping that the other 2 packs will be at least as good. Also, I'm really hoping that the expansion has at least 1 new chapter (new location, new bosses, new cut scenes).

User Info: MarvelFireBird

MarvelFireBird
4 weeks ago#9
@jmmiller33 and @Ascue

I'm surprised to read you say that about the upcoming Avengers game. I am actually excited about it as I view more videos. They are definitely aiming for quality over quantity with the Avengers game, which I do not mind as I would like my characters to feel as unique as possible. With that said, I am not disappointed that it will have a small roster, especially if more attention to details will be given to each individual character. I do agree with @jmmiller33 when you stated that it looks like they want a huge hit like the Spider-Man PS4 game. There are a few ideas from Spider-Man that are appearing in Avengers.

As for MUA3, I expect some news, but it will probably be in late November, if not early December.

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#10
MarvelFireBird posted...

I'm surprised to read you say that about the upcoming Avengers game. I am actually excited about it as I view more videos. They are definitely aiming for quality over quantity with the Avengers game, which I do not mind as I would like my characters to feel as unique as possible. With that said, I am not disappointed that it will have a small roster, especially if more attention to details will be given to each individual character.

Don't get me wrong. The Avengers game could end up being awesome. Not every game needs to have a big roster. There has never been a superhero game previously quite like it. They've made some great solo games (Arkham, Spidey PS4), and they've made some great team games (MUA series is the best of these), but they've never before made a team game with the kind of graphics and gameplay this game promises. If they can deliver on what they are promising, it will be a big hit.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers