• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Today, I revisited Ultimate Alliance of Evil for the first time since September

User Info: kevin804635

kevin804635
1 month ago#1
And despite my whole team being 150, it still made me sweat a little bit. Two CPUs went down during one of the Black Order fights. And I just barely scraped in under the 10 minute limit for the third star (which I already had, but I still wanted to see if I'd do better. I didn't.)

I'm wondering just how much levels actually matter for this endgame content. Being overleveled for the story or early rifts meant something, but here at the level 90+ content, I managed to do better with a team of 100s than a team of 150s.

The moral of the story is, UAoE remains the biggest challenge this game can throw at ya. Followed up my experiment with a run of Condition: Terminal with the same team and feel like I struggled less. *X-Files theme song*

User Info: Metlmeta

Metlmeta
1 month ago#2
How long did you play Condition: Terminal for? And yes, Ultimate Alliance of Evil is super tough. Now I want to run it again!

kevin804635
1 month ago#3
Metlmeta posted...
How long did you play Condition: Terminal for? And yes, Ultimate Alliance of Evil is super tough. Now I want to run it again!

46 rounds and then I quit. I wouldn't have lasted much longer since I only had 37 revives left.

User Info: thecartoonhero

thecartoonhero
1 month ago#4
i'm still struggling to get the win with less than two knock outs. I got the other two on my first try but i just *cannot* seem to have two go down at some point or another. Not a certain part I struggle with, either. It's just some random zig I should have zagged or not catching when to cheese a level up on the fly to avoid a knock out.

I'm pretty sure my team was Ms Marvel, Wasp, Thanos and maybe...hell, I can't remember. It might have been Cyclops. Or Hulk.
You'd be amazed at what you can accomplish when ya ain't gotta choice.

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#5
and I can proudly add myself as someone who has beaten the Alliance of Evil AND 3 Star it on my first attempt too, with a team of Wolverine, Psylocke, Colossus and Magneto which basically falls in line with my "when in doubt just use the Xmen" belief for this game lol

seriously there is honestly VERY little they can't do in this game and I am super happy they are so good

I do admit I kinda had to cheese it, knocking down each of the bosses health wasn't the problem it was how much they could hurt me and I was using Wolverine predominately, I started the challenge at level 85 and had to use the cube trick to heal them at the end Wolverine is 89, Colossus is 87, Magneto is 87 and Psylocke is 85...yeah even Im wondering how she managed to get away with so little scratches lol

so now I have the TRUE Ms Marvel costume and even though I probably still won't use Cap Marvel (still can't stand the b**** attitude they gave her as Cap Marvel) I at least will switch her into it so I don't have to keep looking at that ugly short hair cut except in the character select screen, but DEFINITELY switching Spidey into the symbiote costume, it was a long road to get these last two costumes but I have done it!
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#6
Avalon64 posted...
so now I have the TRUE Ms Marvel costume DEFINITELY switching Spidey into the symbiote costume, it was a long road to get these last two costumes but I have done it!

Congrats! My highest level characters are currently at about level 50, and I haven't even played through Superior or Ultimate, so it will be some time before I can join you there. But I am looking forward to having those two costumes.

kevin804635
4 weeks ago#7
Congrats @Avalon64 . The fact that you did it semi-underleveled is impressive enough to offset the XP cube thing.

The X-Men give you the highest available strength boost via team bonuses when combined with a couple other ones that the mutants just happen to be members of together. I've definitely gone to them in my own times of need for certain rifts.

User Info: Thor64

Thor64
4 weeks ago#8
Hmmmm, that's very interesting @kevin804635. Even though your characters are at lvl.150, you still had to earn your victory, eh? I'll have to revisit that rift and give it a shot.

I'm an ol' school "All-New, All-Different X-Men" fan from waaaay back in the day. So, @Avalon64, you should be proud of your X-Men team. Team Ninja did a fantastic job bringing them in the game. Very capable and very fun.

I also agree on Carol's original black costume. Gratz on receiving it.

User Info: Avalon64

Avalon64
4 weeks ago#9
@Thor64

heh yeah Team Ninja did a great job on each X-men in the game thus far, whether its slicing through mobs as Wolverine, shooting ricochet beams as Cyclops, squashing people form above as Colossus, teleporting all over the place as Nightcrawler, Magnetic Pulsing as Magneto, psychic knifing as Psylocke, raining ice or tornados as Storm or Deadpool being Deadpool you can ALWAYS rely on the Xmen

so if the next pack indeed is the Xmen then their team is gonna be even WAY more buffed or create more team possibilites, wonder who'll we'll get? Jean as Phoenix? The Cajun Gambit?

I think Iceman could be useful to fill in more of an ice user role much like how Human Torch can help more with the fire user role
Can you taste The Angel's extraordinary skill?- Angel
Humanity alone possesses a God The power to transcend the now the inner God called possibility - Banagher

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#10
Avalon64 posted...

so if the next pack indeed is the Xmen then their team is gonna be even WAY more buffed or create more team possibilites, wonder who'll we'll get? Jean as Phoenix? The Cajun Gambit?

I think Iceman could be useful to fill in more of an ice user role much like how Human Torch can help more with the fire user role

You're going to get all three, I think.

1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Today, I revisited Ultimate Alliance of Evil for the first time since September
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers