• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Promotion for this game is a f***ing joke :(

User Info: kevin804635

kevin804635
4 weeks ago#21
Guts Dozer posted...
Keep in mind this is back in July and Switch didn't really have many games. It sold worse than Breath of the Wild in August. So it dropped off pretty quick.
Given how much word-of-mouth praise BOTW has gotten, this wouldn't surprise me. Not really a fair comparison either since LoZ is a system-seller franchise for Nintendo. Marvel has wide appeal, but among gamers it's not as much of a guaranteed money-maker just based on name recognition alone (the way Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon would).

User Info: Guts Dozer

Guts Dozer
4 weeks ago#22
Cyndaquil28 posted...
Breath of the wild was one of the top sellers making your point invalid. Try again.

Not really. Breath of the Wild outsold MUA3 in August. MUA3 is a brand new game and BoTW is a 2 and half year old game. Its a little bit disappointing that it would fall that quickly.

kevin804635 posted...
Given how much word-of-mouth praise BOTW has gotten, this wouldn't surprise me. Not really a fair comparison either since LoZ is a system-seller franchise for Nintendo. Marvel has wide appeal, but among gamers it's not as much of a guaranteed money-maker just based on name recognition alone (the way Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon would).

Its funny though because some MUA people guaranteed it would outsell Fire Emblem. Which FE stayed on sales charts for a while and sold about 2.3 million copies. So MUA had to sell a lot less than that since it was only on the charts for one week.

I know the only sales numbers we have is that it sold 9,424 copies in the first week in Japan, but of course the east is never big into Super hero games.

User Info: Cyndaquil28

Cyndaquil28
4 weeks ago#23
Guts Dozer posted...
Cyndaquil28 posted...
Breath of the wild was one of the top sellers making your point invalid. Try again.

Not really. Breath of the Wild outsold MUA3 in August. MUA3 is a brand new game and BoTW is a 2 and half year old game. Its a little bit disappointing that it would fall that quickly.

Breath of the Wild is a top selling game making your point invalid. Try again troll.
3DS FC: 0318-9056-4629
Switch FC: SW-6116-5254-9423

User Info: Guts Dozer

Guts Dozer
4 weeks ago#24
Cyndaquil28 posted...
Guts Dozer posted...
Cyndaquil28 posted...

Breath of the Wild is a top selling game making your point invalid. Try again troll.

No my point is still there. It had a complete drop of sales after launch. A much bigger steep than most games. I compared it to BOTW because its a 2 and half year old game with no more updates. Most people should have it by now that wanted it.

If you want to get defensive about it go for it. But unfortunately it looks like this game didn't do too well. I wish it did because I'd like to have more updates and DLC.

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#25
Guts Dozer posted...
But unfortunately it looks like this game didn't do too well. I wish it did because I'd like to have more updates and DLC.

If so, that's really a shame. It's a very fun game, and a worthy reboot of the series.

User Info: Cyndaquil28

Cyndaquil28
4 weeks ago#26
Guts Dozer posted...
Cyndaquil28 posted...
Guts Dozer posted...
Cyndaquil28 posted...

No my point is still there. It had a complete drop of sales after launch. A much bigger steep than most games. I compared it to BOTW because its a 2 and half year old game with no more updates. Most people should have it by now that wanted it.

If you want to get defensive about it go for it. But unfortunately it looks like this game didn't do too well. I wish it did because I'd like to have more updates and DLC.

You're point isn't there and is still invalid. Troll harder.
3DS FC: 0318-9056-4629
Switch FC: SW-6116-5254-9423
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. Promotion for this game is a f***ing joke :(
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers