• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. DC game similar to Ultimate Alliance 3

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
1 month ago#1
I'm not sure how many of you remember the game Justice League Heroes (2006), but in my opinion it was a great game. I've always wished that DC had done something more like Ultimate Alliance, with a larger variety of characters and teams (instead of only the Justice League).

Now that MUA3 has turned out to be a really fun game, I find myself wishing even more that DC/Warner Bros. would green light something along the same lines.

This board is currently very quiet (since there is no announcement yet about the 2 other packs), so I don't think it can hurt anything to post a thread about which characters would be great in a DC game similar to MUA3. I did a similar thread a few months ago, but it's archived now.

Here's a roster I think would be pretty decent:

1.Aquaman
2.Atom Smasher
3.Batman
4.Black Canary
5.Black Lightning
6.Blue Beetle -- Jaime Reyes (Ted Kord w/ armor as alternate)
7.Booster Gold
8.Brainiac 5
9.Bumblebee
10.Captain Atom
11.Captain Marvel
12.Catwoman
13.Chameleon Boy
14.Changeling
15.Cosmic Boy
16.Cyborg
17.Deadshot
18.Doctor Fate
19.Fire
20.Firestorm
21.Flash
22.Green Arrow
23.Green Lantern
24.Harley Quinn
25.Hawkman
26.Ice (Killer Frost as alternate)
27.Katana
28.Light Lass
29.Martian Manhunter
30.Metamorpho
31.Mister Terrific -- Michael Holt
32.Nightwing
33.Plastic Man (Elongated Man as alternate)
34.Poison Ivy
35.Raven
36.Red Hood
37.Red Tornado
38.Robin – w/ staff
39.Spectre
40.Starfire
41.Steel -- John Henry Irons
42.Superman – classic
43.Superman – electric powers (from the Morrison run of Justice League)
44.Terra
45.Vixen
46.Wonder Woman
47.Zatanna

You will notice that the list doesn't include any villains, other than reformed villains such as Catwoman, and those on the Suicide Squad (Deadshot, Harley, Poison Ivy, Killer Frost). This is because personally I don't really like having many playable villains, and so my list doesn't include them.

But realistically, if you were trying to sell a game like this, you would need to have some playable villains because so many people would ask for it. My suggestion would be to have only heroes (+ some antiheroes like Catwoman) on the base roster, and then a huge DLC expansion of playable villains, including all the usual favorites, such as

- Joker
- Luthor
- Darkseid
- Doomsday
- Deathstroke
- Black Manta
- Cheetah
- Brainiac

That would bring the roster I listed up to about 55, a reasonable number considering that MUA3 has 51.

For stages, it would be fun to have something like

- A Superman stage set in Metropolis, with lots of Superman enemies (Parasite, Metallo, Silver Banshee, Doomsday, Mongul, Toyman -- maybe save Brainiac and Luthor for end stages?)

- A Batman stage set in Gotham, with lots of Batman enemies (Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Man-Bat, Bane, Ra's al Ghul, Riddler, Scarecrow -- but maybe save Joker for end stages?)

- A Wonder Woman stage set on her island (w/ Cheetah, Ares, etc.)

- A Green Lantern stage set in some distant galaxy

- Maybe an Aquaman stage in Atlantis?

- Titans stage w/ Deathstroke as the end boss

- Outsiders stage

- Legion of Superheroes stage (maybe Fatal Five as the end bosses?)

- Suicide Squad stage

- Last 3 stages would be the Justice League -- maybe vs. Despero, vs. Legion of Doom, and then a last stage vs. Darkseid?

Anyway, would you buy a game that was very similar to MUA3, but with DC characters? And if so, which characters would you add to the list above that I didn't include? Which characters would you drop from my list?

User Info: xyonray

xyonray
1 month ago#2
Yes, the list seems fine.

User Info: grumpyduckling

grumpyduckling
1 month ago#3
I loved that game. It was underrated. Would love to see a MUA3 version of Justice League.

User Info: MAthrilla

MAthrilla
1 month ago#4
I liked Justice League Heroes. It did a lot of things that the MUA series did not, like have certain stages were tailored to certain heroes. I remember a Mars level that only Superman and the MM had access too, and because of that we got unique diologue. and nearly every character had a trait and specific stats. Flash could dodge machine gun fire, while Wonder Woman could reflect them. Batman had the worst defense in the game;often dying in one or two hits, but he was the only one capable of disarming enemies. I would love for a sequel done in this style.

Specifically I would want a villains campaign. Like in between League mission you get to go on villains mission.

User Info: thenagan

thenagan
1 month ago#5
Yeah it was weird that DC never tried to do a full Ultimate Alliance-esque game. JL Heroes was similar, but still not really a MUA game
PSN: SmileyGamer13

jmmiller33
1 month ago#6
thenagan posted...
Yeah it was weird that DC never tried to do a full Ultimate Alliance-esque game. JL Heroes was similar, but still not really a MUA game

JLH was more like an answer to the XML series than the MUA series.

User Info: TrueDozenMarks

TrueDozenMarks
1 month ago#7
jmmiller33 posted...
thenagan posted...

A bit of both. JLH was actually rushed out the door because WB wanted it to be competition with MUA and forced them to release it a week before MUA launched.

It's a real shame, too, as what they had with JLH showed a whole lot of promise and if they were able to finish off the rest of what they were working on (such as the characters having their own "Xtreme" attacks that they were supposed to but were cut) it probably would have turned out a good bit better. Snowblind made very high-quality stuff back then, after all. All the clones like the multiple Green Lanterns would have probably played differently as well if they weren't rushed so much at the end to just get it out the door.

jmmiller33
1 month ago#8
TrueDozenMarks posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
thenagan posted...

A bit of both. JLH was actually rushed out the door because WB wanted it to be competition with MUA and forced them to release it a week before MUA launched.

It's a real shame, too, as what they had with JLH showed a whole lot of promise and if they were able to finish off the rest of what they were working on (such as the characters having their own "Xtreme" attacks that they were supposed to but were cut) it probably would have turned out a good bit better. Snowblind made very high-quality stuff back then, after all. All the clones like the multiple Green Lanterns would have probably played differently as well if they weren't rushed so much at the end to just get it out the door.

Man, that is a shame. Even as it is, the game is very fun. Would have been awesome to see the intended version. Probably a somewhat larger roster planned as well.

I wonder what the sales numbers are for MUA3, because if it makes a decent profit, maybe DC would consider trying their hand at it.

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
1 month ago#9
jmmiller33 posted...
Captain Marvel

Wrong company. ;-)

jmmiller33 posted...
Changeling

You're outdated. =p

And where's Saturn Girl?

jmmiller33
1 month ago#10
bnmp posted...
jmmiller33 posted...
Captain Marvel

Wrong company. ;-)

jmmiller33 posted...
Changeling

You're outdated. =p

And where's Saturn Girl?

'Shazam' and 'Beast Boy' can go find another video game to be in...

I'd love to have Saturn Girl in the game. I think in some of her very early appearances, she could use her power to affect robots and animals, not only humans:

https://www.comicbookrevolution.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/Adventure-Comics-247-5.jpg

Heck, as far as I'm concerned let's replace Light Lass (#28 on the list above) with Saturn Girl.

Also, you could have Lightning Lad as an alternate costume for Black Lightning (with a different voice actor but the same move set), and then you could have the 3 original Legion members.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. DC game similar to Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers