• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. is grinding a major aspect in this game?

User Info: HDNA

HDNA
1 month ago#1
I've noticed people asking about the best way to level up and how to do it efficiently and there being cubes that can level up your character, this all seems like a mobile gacha game where the end game is maxing out all your characters then using the perfect team to clear all endgame missions as fast and as efficiently as possible.

is this game like them?

User Info: grumpyduckling

grumpyduckling
1 month ago#2
Nope, you can play entirely at your own pace. If you don't want to grind, you don't really have to. Enjoy the game and stuff will level over time.

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
1 month ago#3
The amount of "grind," largely, depends on you.

The easy mode isn't all that easy (imo). Similarly, if you want to unlock all the characters, some of the trials can be quite difficult.

On the other, patience and persistence goes a long way no way. So, if you're not in a hurry, and enjoy just playing the game, it doesn't feel all that grindy.

HDNA
1 month ago#4
Let's say there's a hero i unlocked in the beginning but i never used them on my team, can i take that hero to the final mission without throwing xp cubes at them? Also, can i only play the story to unlock all the characters? How hard it is to unlock Thanos?

User Info: reedux

reedux
1 month ago#5
Elektra, Magneto, Loki, and Thanos are all unlocked through Rift Trials, you have to get past a certain point in Superior Story mode to unlock the Thanos rift if i remember correctly.

Difficulty is largely based on what level you are. Obviously if you're under-leveled it's gonna be harder.

User Info: dm9982

dm9982
1 month ago#6
@HDNA As Reedux said, difficulty is based largely on levels. However, if your team is slightly overleveled OR you have one char grossly over leveled, then they can pull a weak member through.

I use this method to grind lower chars....

My lvl 100 Wasp and Ms Marvel can power level 2 lvl 9’s to 60 in about 2-3 runs of the Wakanda Rush rift.
PSN/NS = Dm9982
Now Playing - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Wasteland 2, FE: Three Houses, Graveyard Keeper, Ever Oasis, and Fantasy Life

User Info: Captain_Qwark

Captain_Qwark
1 month ago#7
Do you just wamt to beat the game with 1 team? No

Do you want all the costumes and to swap characters all the time? Yeah
http://i.imgur.com/zbWHF.jpg http://i.imgur.com/QBpku.jpg

User Info: bnmp

bnmp
1 month ago#8
HDNA posted...
Let's say there's a hero i unlocked in the beginning but i never used them on my team, can i take that hero to the final mission without throwing xp cubes at them? Also, can i only play the story to unlock all the characters? How hard it is to unlock Thanos?

You only get experience for the characters in your team. For instance, I haven't played the Guardians much since the first chapter. By the time I reached the last couple of chapters, they are too under-leveled to last long. I need to level them separately, either by grinding or another playthrough.

It takes a lot of leveling to unlock Thanos.

User Info: dm9982

dm9982
1 month ago#9
If you really like the game, then honestly, once you get Xp boost ISOs (which aren’t hard to find), it really doesn’t feel grindy.

If you want the fastest route to everything....

Stick with one team through Friend/Mighty and Superior. Once you get to Ultimate just take that team to Zen Garden in Shadowland. There you can find the Wakanda Rush lvl 61 rift. That and Wakanda Wave 65 rift (which is right next to it on the rift map) are your bread and butter for power leveling and ISO farming. Once your team are about lvl 65-70, swap their ISOs for all Rare ISO boost. The XP ISOs will start dropping faster and faster. Once you have a handful of them, leveling everyone is cake. Plus it’s exciting to check any new AA Rainbow you get to see if you get something amazing.

Edit - if you want the entire experience to be a breeze, just have Ms Marvel and Wasp on your team at all times. They can handle anything this game has (minus maybe new brotherhood) as a duo....
PSN/NS = Dm9982
Now Playing - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Wasteland 2, FE: Three Houses, Graveyard Keeper, Ever Oasis, and Fantasy Life

HDNA
1 month ago#10
Great. Thanks everyone for the help :)
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. is grinding a major aspect in this game?
  • Topic Archived