• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. I hope the DLC characters are not all copy and paste

User Info: jmmiller33

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#1
So (just like the previous two MUA games) this game has a lot of copy and paste in terms of powers. For example, lots of characters have a charge attack, a beam, a tornado, a grenade spread, a spinning uppercut, etc.

This doesn’t bother me too much, because it seems that there is enough distinction between the characters; they don’t all feel the same. And there are some pretty unique powers thrown in there (like Cap’s shield defense or Hulk’s grab).

Point of this thread is to say that I hope the DLC characters have at least a few new powers that add some more variety. Seems obvious that many/most of their powers will be copy and paste, but hopefully they also have some new stuff. After all, with 14 DLC characters they constitute a big percentage of the total roster.

User Info: ddnnetto

ddnnetto
4 weeks ago#2
The copy n paste allows the devs to implement the synergies.

Scarlet witch has the most unique skills, and she is almost useless since she doesn't synergize with anyone.

Cyclops, for instance, will most likely have a beam, an upercut and a team buff skill.

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#3
I know that it will be mostly copy and paste, and that doesn’t bother me. I just hope it’s not all copy and paste (for example, Invisible Woman’s invisibility).

User Info: crabsmack

crabsmack
4 weeks ago#4
The DLC characters in 2 were some of the most unique characters in the game IMO. Magneto, Cable and Black Panther all had some pretty unique abilities.

They're more limited here because powers, to some degree, need to fit into the synergy system. But even then people like Scarlet Witch have unique abilities. I hope the DLC characters get one or two unique abilities each (not 3+ though or they'll be synergy deadweights like SW)

User Info: 7656198

4 weeks ago#5
As long as none of the paid DLC characters is anyone I saw in the story, Im fine (which so far seems to be the case). Moves are going to get copied, thats a given. Colossus is 100% going to have that charged dash punch. Cyclops is 100% going to have a rapid fire beam attack.

Also, I'm sure they're bound to have at least one unique move. I hope so at least.
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher

User Info: Reuan

Reuan
4 weeks ago#6
7656198 posted...
As long as none of the paid DLC characters is anyone I saw in the story, Im fine (which so far seems to be the case). Moves are going to get copied, thats a given. Colossus is 100% going to have that charged dash punch. Cyclops is 100% going to have a rapid fire beam attack.

Also, I'm sure they're bound to have at least one unique move. I hope so at least.

rather than rapid fire cyclops is likely going to have a continuous held optic blast attack

User Info: ppleschamp030

ppleschamp030
4 weeks ago#7
Reuan posted...
7656198 posted...

rather than rapid fire cyclops is likely going to have a continuous held optic blast attack

why not both? rapid fire can target multiple enemies with each blast

User Info: dm9982

dm9982
4 weeks ago#8
While abilities have the copy and paste of typing, I’ve yet to see a character have a copy and paste animation and effect. The closest so far has been Luke Cage and Hulk, but only on their Slams.
PSN/NS = Dm9982
Now Playing - Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Wasteland 2, FE: Three Houses, Graveyard Keeper, Ever Oasis, and Fantasy Life

User Info: ss21vegito

ss21vegito
4 weeks ago#9
ddnnetto posted...
The copy n paste allows the devs to implement the synergies.

Scarlet witch has the most unique skills, and she is almost useless since she doesn't synergize with anyone.

Cyclops, for instance, will most likely have a beam, an upercut and a team buff skill.
And a beam barrage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7ujjQA4vGw

jmmiller33
4 weeks ago#10
crabsmack posted...
The DLC characters in 2 were some of the most unique characters in the game IMO. Magneto, Cable and Black Panther all had some pretty unique abilities.

They're more limited here because powers, to some degree, need to fit into the synergy system. But even then people like Scarlet Witch have unique abilities. I hope the DLC characters get one or two unique abilities each (not 3+ though or they'll be synergy deadweights like SW)

I agree with all of this (both your observations about DLC characters in MUA2 being some of the most unique, and the hope that in this game DLC characters have about 3 copied moves and 1 new/unique move that adds something different to the game).

For example, Colossus could have a unique personal buff that gives him crazy personal damage reduction (maybe 80%), all types. So you could give him an ISO that makes foes target him.

Cyclops could have a bolt that ricochets around the area, in addition to classic beams.
  1. Boards
  2. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  3. I hope the DLC characters are not all copy and paste
  • Topic Archived