• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: JOckoSupreme

JOckoSupreme
4 weeks ago#41
Agreed. The similarity between so many of the characters in 3 is tiresome. I'm pretty sure there's at least 5 characters with the same damn cyclone attack. And the flame thrower as well, I mean come on! Just the basic gameplay lacks a lot of the combat options and flavor from XML 1&2 and MUA 1 and 2. I miss the melee combos, and being able to grab enemies and punch them or throw them. I miss Wolverine being able to cause bleed damage with his attacks and enemies would bleed out eventually even if you bailed and attacked others. And Iceman's freeze attacks would either freeze enemies completely or at least slow them down. And there was a variety of powers you could invest in and essentially build your ideal version of the characters (like Borderlands kinda). And the alternate costumes were yes, way better. And the accessories you could equip made a real impact unlike all these dumb iso's that give you (1% of health every 10 seconds if your teammates are dead :-0). And the myriad amount of currencies and resources they make you manage is absurd, reminds me of a base builder game without any of the rewards. And the Bullet Sponge bosses on high difficulties and later infinity trials. And yet, with all this, I'm still playing it. Gotta see it through!
Brawl FC: 3222-5233-1023 Name: JFO

User Info: CrashLightning

CrashLightning
4 weeks ago#42
Even though MUA3 is still a decent fun game i think that it feels rushed and cheaply made compared to MUA 1 & 2. I think that it could be a Team Ninja problem because Dead or Alive 6 has the same problem where it's a fun game but the content is lacking and feels rushed but i think that the updates have improved it a bit so MUA3 might get better with more updates too.
Try my Super Mario Maker 2 levels based on Crash Bandicoot! Level 1-2 is out now - 4CS-VFL-L7G.

User Info: Reuan

Reuan
4 weeks ago#43
JOckoSupreme posted...
The similarity between so many of the characters in 3 is tiresome. I'm pretty sure there's at least 5 characters with the same damn cyclone attack. And the flame thrower as well, I mean come on! Just the basic gameplay lacks a lot of the combat options and flavor from XML 1&2 and MUA 1 and 2. I miss the melee combos, and being able to grab enemies and punch them or throw them. I miss Wolverine being able to cause bleed damage with his attacks and enemies would bleed out eventually even if you bailed and attacked others. And Iceman's freeze attacks would either freeze enemies completely or at least slow them down. And there was a variety of powers you could invest in and essentially build your ideal version of the characters (like Borderlands kinda).
That's not necessarily true though, XML-MUA2 had a lot of copy and paste powers that isn't unique to MUA3, and while you had melee combos most of them weren't unique in the slightest except for MUA2 I think, MUA3 has the best basic gameplay for the sheer fact that characters do infact play differently combat wise, I agree for the status effects however.

User Info: Neo_Rizer

Neo_Rizer
4 weeks ago#44
It's not the greatest game in the world, but it's another Ultimate Alliance game so everyone shell out the 90 dollars and buy it.

I mean how long has it been? 10 years since the last one? The demand is back because of Phase 3 ending and people are hankering for more RPG marvel stuff even if it is mediocre looking... and poorly put together, and unbalanced... and kind of basic... and just one huge grind out. People love wearing blinders, so what can you say without getting called a troll?

Yeah it's not terrible but it's not amazing either... something to play when you're bored. A Solid 7 / 10.
Gamefaqs - Where you TOO can get an extra dose of textual diarrhea.

User Info: gambit2051

gambit2051
4 weeks ago#45
Neo_Rizer posted...
It's not the greatest game in the world, but it's another Ultimate Alliance game so everyone shell out the 90 dollars and buy it.

I mean how long has it been? 10 years since the last one? The demand is back because of Phase 3 ending and people are hankering for more RPG marvel stuff even if it is mediocre looking... and poorly put together, and unbalanced... and kind of basic... and just one huge grind out. People love wearing blinders, so what can you say without getting called a troll?

Yeah it's not terrible but it's not amazing either... something to play when you're bored. A Solid 7 / 10.

Well stated. And I am still wondering on the Troll part, I think I just shattered someones rose colored glasses that was adding an additional 2-3 points on their own score.

I still enjoy the game well enough, but it lacks in the Fan Service Dept by too much to please Die-Hard Marvel Fans like myself. The Action is fun enough, with some feeling like grinds (that last Level...omfg, how many sponges do I have to fight), but after beating Mighty and Superior (I got Thanos near the 3rd or 4th Chapter during my Superior run and he was level 80 right off the bat, but other than that I didn't feel like him much at all.)
The point of games like this IS NOT BALANCE. It is about creating the Team YOU want with the expected powers that are MUSTS for the characters (Super-Strength for Capt. Marvel...how is THAT left out even for "balancing" issues.)
I still paid for the extra future paid content because I was excited about the game. After 40 hours and in Chapter 2 of Ultimate, and seeing the bland rewards on the 5th Infinity Tier, I think i am done for a bit.

User Info: TheSwordsman100

TheSwordsman100
4 weeks ago#46
gambit2051 posted...
I think I just shattered someones rose colored glasses that was adding an additional 2-3 points on their own score.

I doubt that, if that was the case they would've came around to your thinking. Instead I think it was just a kneejerk reaction, instead of criticizing your review like I did.

User Info: gambit2051

gambit2051
4 weeks ago#47
TheSwordsman100 posted...
gambit2051 posted...
I think I just shattered someones rose colored glasses that was adding an additional 2-3 points on their own score.

I doubt that, if that was the case they would've came around to your thinking. Instead I think it was just a kneejerk reaction, instead of criticizing your review like I did.

Oh ouch. Yours wasnt a reactionary post. Oh the criticism.

Lmao now that I actually looked back at your "criticism", which was just you defending the game with blinders on and sounding like a hissy fanboy who is upset they didnt get everything they were originally told they would until it was delayed while a half finished game was released...with more free and paid content coming soon LIKE EVERY OTHER MAJOR TITLE ON THE MARKET.
Except some games, not many anymore but some, are actually released completed and the DLC is actually Additional Content that adds to the game overall and is not a slogan of an ad campaign of "Releasing this week!!!! with30%morecontentcomingsometimeinthenextfewmonthsHopeyoudontgetbored.

Real criticism is able to to layer more than just a single persons opinion clashing with mine. It would actually add to the debate without bias.

You CLEARLY have an incredibly strong bias that you dont seem to want to hear that myself and a few others here and TONS of others on reddit and message boards are all saying.

It is a passable version of a serious Lego Marvel 2 with a fun Action element.

The fact you decided to take my post as where you decided to take such a dump. Why thank you, it is nice to know I got such a reaction out of someone.

User Info: TheSwordsman100

TheSwordsman100
4 weeks ago#48
gambit2051 posted...
Lmao now that I actually looked back at your "criticism", which was just you defending the game with blinders on and sounding like a hissy fanboy who is upset they didnt get everything they were originally told they would until it was delayed while a half finished game was released...with more free and paid content coming soon LIKE EVERY OTHER MAJOR TITLE ON THE MARKET.

Projecting much? I never did any of this. In fact it was YOU who was upset about there being no alternate costumes in the base game and threw a fit over it. With multiple people having to tell you that they were coming soon. You couldn't even be happy with the actual good recolors that reference the comics like Venom's.

gambit2051 posted...
Real criticism is able to to layer more than just a single persons opinion clashing with mine. It would actually add to the debate without bias.

You CLEARLY have an incredibly strong bias that you dont seem to want to hear that myself and a few others here and TONS of others on reddit and message boards are all saying.

Says the person outraged over the fact someone dared to not hold the same opinion as them and decided to go on a tirade because they were so sure they "shattered someones rose colored glasses" that the idea that someone else's troll comment was instead just a kneejerk reaction is unthinkable. How about instead of being so full of yourself you actually follow your own advice.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253536-marvel-ultimate-alliance-3-the-black-order/77914875

gambit2051 posted...
The fact you decided to take my post as where you decided to take such a dump. Why thank you, it is nice to know I got such a reaction out of someone.

I saw no need, you're already doing such a fine job of doing that yourself. Its nice to know that all it takes to throw you off the handle is for someone else to call you a troll.
  • Topic Archived